Author Topic: Well, I finally did it  (Read 6560 times)

Zylen

• nospam
    • View Profile
Well, I finally did it
« on: October 21, 2013, 08:54:03 AM »
Last night I went through Mary's winter coats, bagged 10 of them up for Goodwill, which is where I took them today.

I'm sure someone can use them this winter, and they could probably use so much more.

She was such a generous loving soul that I am sure she is happy with this :)

A first step, and there is so much more I can bring to them. One day at a time :)

Love and hugs to all
(((((((ALL))))))))) <3

Kevin

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: Well, I finally did it
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 07:26:56 PM »

(((((Kevin)))))

Doug1222

• nospam
  • Keep on keeping on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 08:17:01 AM »
(((((Kevin)))))))

jbryant

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 05:35:39 PM »
((((((Kevin))))))

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2013, 06:04:25 PM »
(((Kevin))))
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

Zylen

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 12:05:53 PM »
Thank you all for the hugs :-)

I'm now boxing up books and clothing to take to a nearby women's shelter.
I hope they find those useful.

One step/day at a time :-p

((((((((All))))))) <3
Kevin

MyLou

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 03:11:09 AM »
(((((((( KEVIN ))))))))))

That's all you can do one step / day at a time.

Always,

Lisa
"Soulmates Forever"

I miss you every second of everyday My Love

I know I will see you again

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2013, 08:21:01 PM »
Thank you all for the hugs :-)

I'm now boxing up books and clothing to take to a nearby women's shelter.
I hope they find those useful.

One step/day at a time :-p

((((((((All))))))) <3
Kevin

They will Kevin.  I stayed at a domestic violence shelter...one does not realize what happens when you only have the clothes on your back.  One day at at time, indeed.

(((Kevin))) 

arthur

• nospam
  • ((Maureen))
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2013, 11:25:18 PM »
Hi Kevin..it can be surprisingly painful to do that so good for you! For me the next big thing to get rid of that was MAureen's is her work desk. That will be hard for me to part company with. Another part of her life on earth that will be given away.
Take care Kevin

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2013, 07:38:22 PM »
Hi Kevin..it can be surprisingly painful to do that so good for you! For me the next big thing to get rid of that was MAureen's is her work desk. That will be hard for me to part company with. Another part of her life on earth that will be given away.
Take care Kevin

Why do you have to part with it? Could it be used in a guest room? Everyone needs a place for their laptop. :icon_mrgreen:

Just curious.

Wish we lived close as I could use a desk for one of my guest rooms here!

Hugs, precious Arthur!
:love9:

rayinsc

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2013, 10:57:04 PM »
Take care Kevin

It has been almost 2 years now since my wife died and most of what was hers is gone.  The last big piece is her desk. 

For a long time I could not part with it as seeing it brought to memory her sitting there in all sorts of positions doing what she did, and when I entered her room she turned and smiled or laughed or asked for help.  That small room is nearly finished becoming a guest room which, save for the desk, when gone, will be completely transformed.  Nothing of her will remain there, other then my memory of what was. 

There are many things still in the house that were hers.  Her artwork, dishes, some furniture and the like for me to remember her and how they came about, but not so personal.  Slowly, the house is becoming a statement of me as I continue in this new reality without her.  While disposing of her things was difficult.  As hard as it was, she wanted me to do it so that I could move along in my life.

After the pain of giving her stuff away passed, I found a peace of mind, a closure that did not change the love I had, and still have for her, it is just part of saying goodbye to one who will never return to this life.

When I meet my wife, she was a widow, she had to do what I also had to do.  Had she not, then her life would have been still in the past and we would not have had the 28 good years we did.

I and others here are doing what she did, and in doing so hopefully will find in another what she and I found.

Oh, there still lives in the house a plant from her husband's funeral in 1979, and I tend to it as did she and in doing so continue to remember her.
Ray in Santa Cruz

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2013, 08:49:01 PM »
Take care Kevin

It has been almost 2 years now since my wife died and most of what was hers is gone.  The last big piece is her desk. 

For a long time I could not part with it as seeing it brought to memory her sitting there in all sorts of positions doing what she did, and when I entered her room she turned and smiled or laughed or asked for help.  That small room is nearly finished becoming a guest room which, save for the desk, when gone, will be completely transformed.  Nothing of her will remain there, other then my memory of what was. 

There are many things still in the house that were hers.  Her artwork, dishes, some furniture and the like for me to remember her and how they came about, but not so personal.  Slowly, the house is becoming a statement of me as I continue in this new reality without her.  While disposing of her things was difficult.  As hard as it was, she wanted me to do it so that I could move along in my life.

After the pain of giving her stuff away passed, I found a peace of mind, a closure that did not change the love I had, and still have for her, it is just part of saying goodbye to one who will never return to this life.

When I meet my wife, she was a widow, she had to do what I also had to do.  Had she not, then her life would have been still in the past and we would not have had the 28 good years we did.
hope
I and others here are doing what she did, and in doing so hopefully will find in another what she and I found.

Oh, there still lives in the house a plant from her husband's funeral in 1979, and I tend to it as did she and in doing so continue to remember her.

((((ray)))))  This is a beautiful post and my hope is that it will help others in this journey.  Thank you for posting.