Author Topic: Jason's Mom - 2/13/2005  (Read 2422 times)

Rebecca

• nospam
    • View Profile
Jason's Mom - 2/13/2005
« on: October 14, 2013, 01:10:33 PM »
Hello - My name is Rebecca and my beloved son, Jason, died on 2/13/2005.  I used this board several times a day and read all I could.  It is amazing to me that almost 8 years have come and gone.  Not a day goes by that I don't think of Jason.  Today, I called the grandmother of a young man who died.  I knew the grandmother years ago but when we would see each other we hugged, kissed and promised to keep in touch.   We did not but I called her today because of the obit in the paper.  I told her that I would do what I could for her daughter whose son committed suicide.  I am sure that if she goes on the suicide page she will be able to get consolation.  My life has gone on.  I still remember Dena, Aunt Martha, and the few others that I happened to catch with my reading today.  Anyway, I walk, talk, eat, and do everything I did before Jason died.  I stuff my grief inside myself because it is the only place where I feel safe with it.  I know I will never see him again.  Myt daughter, has two children and they make a broken heart sing.  If I was to clam up and not live, I would not be doing justice to Jason.  He would smack me and say... something like:  Mom... get a grip.  Live Life... he did, until the heart he had could not get enough blood through the arteries.  They were 90% blocked.  Moving on did not happen overnight and there are days that I can be brought back to 2/13/05 in a minute.  I retired, so being home is a little difficult some days, but I go on.  I think that those of us who have lived years after our children have died will agree that we go on.  I want to give back so if I can help a parent who is either new or not gone through too many years without their beloved child, I will help.  I will check in here as often as I can.

blindsided

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Jason's Mom - 2/13/2005
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 04:37:50 PM »
Hi Rebecca, it is Jeanne, Philip's mom.  It has been a long time.  Glad to hear that you have some little ones in your life... they do make the heart sing.  I now have 6 little ones in my life.  My new login here is now blindsided.

Just wanted to reach out.

xoxo
Jeanne
Philip's mom forever