Author Topic: I have a question  (Read 3639 times)

Gail08

• nospam
  • Where Jolene flew into the wind
    • View Profile
I have a question
« on: September 26, 2013, 03:25:24 PM »
I know that some of you have said that you have yet to dream of your loved ones since they have been gone.  But those of you who have, have you had any dreams about them where they were a whole different person than they were when they were alive?  I have been having dreams about my sister and she is doing things that she would have NEVER done when she was alive.  It scares me because the things she is doing in my dreams she is doing to me and I don't know why I would be dreaming such things.
G                                  Sisters 2 the end
  A                                Friends 2 the end
     I                   _________________________
 J O L E N E              In my heart 4 ever

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: I have a question
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 08:12:17 AM »

Hi Gail - Happy that you've been having dreams of Jolene but sorry they are so confusing to you. Can you give an example of some of the actions/behaviors and maybe someone can lend a hand?

Look forward to hearing back from you.

(((((((Gail)))))))
:icon_flower:

helene

• nospam
  • My Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 01:43:04 PM »
Hi Gail,

I've had quite a few dreams about my sister Lesley and in some of them she was absolutely horrific. She appeared as an angry fiend who kept cornering me in a subway train once. She was nothing like the Lesley I knew in that dream. In other dreams she appeared angelic and ethereal. In other's she mocked me and asked me disturbing questions. What I think all this  - those odd dreams I had about Lesley where she appeared nothing like she was in life - was my own subconscious mind coming up with images of Lesley based on my OWN REGRETS AND FEARS and GUILT. Regrets that Lesley died so young and tragically. Regrets and guilt that I didn't do more for her when she was alive. Fear of death. Fear of her wanting revenge upon me for how I let her down in life. Fear of the unknown. Fear of what she's become after death. What really happens after death anyway? We can never know while we're alive. Not really. So, those kinds of powerful emotions in me, fear, guilt and regret, caused my mind to come up with some pretty wild dreams and images of Lesley. That's my conclusion. I think that the real Lesley - her soul - is somewhere very far away from all of that - 'that' being what's in my head.

Our minds are powerful entities - especially when it comes to dreaming. These are just my thoughts of course.

Take care Gail and thank you for your encouraging post to me regarding Lesley's birthday just past. It's good to keep in touch!

((((Gail)))))

Helene.

Helene & Lesley

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 04:34:07 PM »

Gail?? :icon_flower:

ScottW

• nospam
  • This is a picture of my sister, Jori
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 01:51:10 PM »
I have a reoccurring dream about my sister Jori.  Invariably, Jori is "back in town".  It's clear that she disappeared for a while and that "she's back".  However, she is ALWAYS very unkind to me.  Always very stand-offish, wondering why I'm overreacting to seeing her.  I remember one dream where she drove by me in a car . . . I was SO excited . . . she literally just glared at me.  Finally, just the other night, I really stood up to Jori in my dream and she sort-of "came around" . . . she was very friendly and such.

Just this morning, my wife suggested that the anger that Jori shows toward me is really my anger toward her (for leaving me).  And - hopefully - this last 'episode' is a sign that I am coming to some type of forgiveness.  It's almost five years . . . I think it's time.

---------------

After five minutes I thought I would die
After five days I finally started to cry
Five months later I was still asking why
Now it's five years
Maybe it's time
To say goodbye

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2013, 09:45:13 PM »

Just this morning, my wife suggested that the anger that Jori shows toward me is really my anger toward her (for leaving me).  And - hopefully - this last 'episode' is a sign that I am coming to some type of forgiveness.  It's almost five years . . . I think it's time.

Forgiving sets us free. :love9:

After five minutes I thought I would die
After five days I finally started to cry
Five months later I was still asking why
Now it's five years
Maybe it's time
To say goodbye

((((((((Scott))))))))

Gail08

• nospam
  • Where Jolene flew into the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2013, 12:12:41 PM »
Helene and Scott,
What you both said makes a lot of sense especially since I have had a LOT of guilt about my sister's death.  I never thought about it in that way before.  I will work on that.  Thank you both so much for telling me your situations on this matter.  It helps me to understand some things now.

(((((Helene)))))     (((((Scott)))))

G                                  Sisters 2 the end
  A                                Friends 2 the end
     I                   _________________________
 J O L E N E              In my heart 4 ever

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2013, 01:31:22 PM »

(((((((Gail)))))))

Scott mentioned that he felt it was time he forgave Jori as he's been angry with her for leaving him for a very long time. It's another way to look at the confusing dreams. I thought his post was beautiful. :love9:

Love,
Terry

ScottW

• nospam
  • This is a picture of my sister, Jori
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2013, 11:20:59 AM »
Terry and Gail . . . thanks for the hugs and the kind words.  They are much appreciated and much needed.