Author Topic: Woaa.. what happened?  (Read 6346 times)

stella joshs mom

• Joshs little sister Tia & Mom, Stella
    • View Profile
Woaa.. what happened?
« on: December 02, 2006, 12:30:57 AM »
Hi everyone!  :o
Thought something was wrong with my computer, the last few days when I could not get into this website.  Really missed it and all of you!  Are there directions that go with this website change?  Worried about the many that are as confused as I and with this being such a tough time for everyone with the holidays and all wondered if there is a way to make the transition go smoother.  Thanks to those responsible  for getting this lifeline for so many of us, up and running again! 
Stella Joshs Mom

Josh and his little sister

Tom

• Administrator
    • apples are good and are good for you too
    • View Profile
    • Crisis, Grief and Healing
Re: Woaa.. what happened?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 05:05:45 AM »
Hi Stella  -  My apologies for the abrupt changes.  It was sadly unavoidable.  STeve thinks that there was a security hole in the WEBBBS software that allowed the spammers to plant directories on the old site and then place spam web pages within those directories.  The web host saw that and decided the site was a security risk and deleted all files.  It took me an agonizing amount of time to find a new web host and get things running to the point where I could get a new board up and running. 

Notice that at the top of your page you will see some icons across the top.  One of those says "help."  If you click that one I think you may find some answers to basic questions.  We are all learning this one from the beginning so please feel free to ask any and all questions and those that you can't figure out on your own we can figure out together. 

Thanks for your patience with this and my apologies for how things have worked out.  Perhaps we can find a way to turn it into something that is helpful.  What I see of this board so far I do like.   
Tom's New EBook and paperback

Katie--Adam's Mom

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 07:57:35 AM »
Hi (((Stella))),

Good to see you here!  This will take a little figuring out but we'll do this together.  For right now I'm not using all the bells and whistles but it looks like there is a lot we can do with this format. 

Take care.  Thinking of you and Josh.

Love and hugs,
Katie

faye

• nospam
  • Larry Brickman
    • View Profile
    • Larry & Nana
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2006, 08:19:27 AM »
Hi everyone,

I am just glad to be able to keep in touch.  Thanks for creating this board.  I hope to see all my friends here soon.  I am only using the basics for now, too.

Love,
Faye, Larry's Mom

niksas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2006, 08:24:59 AM »
I wondered too what had happen and miss everyone so much Jeni

Erins Mom06

• This is what I believe Erin would of looked like
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2006, 11:16:48 AM »
It's nice to see everyone here, but this new formate is rough you can only reply to the orginal and no-one elses, Don't get me wrong though I'm very grateful Tom worked hard got us this website. I'll just really miss the old one.
HUGS
Christina Erin's Mommie
With all the love in my heart to all the angels
HUGS
Christina Erin's Mommie

MARTHA(CANDI'S AUNT)

• nospam
  • AUNT MARTHA LOVES YOU CANDI
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2006, 12:18:56 PM »
this new board has me confused too. but i'm determined to figure it out. it gives me something new to do.
these holidays are harder this year than they were last year & these are the second ones.

candi's son( josh'  9th b-day was yesterday). this is his second b-day without his mama. he had a great b-day party. he can always make me laugh & smile just as his mama did.

sending you hug's,
martha