Author Topic: I Don't Understand! *RELIGION MENTIONED* Please dont read if offended.  (Read 2970 times)

maggiesmom4life

• nospam
    • View Profile
 :tearyeyed: I really am scared because life feels so out of control. I believe in God and I love him which is why I CANNOT believe that God has total control over everything that happens in this world. If that is the truth, which most people believe, then why would he allow my babies to be taken when the never even had a chance to live? Not just mine,  but why, if he has total power would he take any one of our children of any age before their lives should have ended? In my mind, the only explanation that I can come up with is that there are very sad, random things that happen beyond any control, beyond any explanation. Where I get my faith from and my strong belief in the love that God has for me is that he is there grieving with me when I grieve. There grieving with all of us. But he cannot stop it, or he would. It's all I can come up with. Please don't be offended and feel free to comment. It's only one person's thought. But it is a thought that scares me immensely.

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: I Don't Understand! *RELIGION MENTIONED* Please dont read if offended.
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 08:10:46 AM »
:tearyeyed: I really am scared because life feels so out of control. I believe in God and I love him which is why I CANNOT believe that God has total control over everything that happens in this world. If that is the truth, which most people believe, then why would he allow my babies to be taken when the never even had a chance to live? Not just mine,  but why, if he has total power would he take any one of our children of any age before their lives should have ended? In my mind, the only explanation that I can come up with is that there are very sad, random things that happen beyond any control, beyond any explanation. Where I get my faith from and my strong belief in the love that God has for me is that he is there grieving with me when I grieve. There grieving with all of us. But he cannot stop it, or he would. It's all I can come up with. Please don't be offended and feel free to comment. It's only one person's thought. But it is a thought that scares me immensely.

Jamie - I'm sorry that you're feeling such fear and uncertainty. I think it's normal, for a time to question and struggle through our challenges after we bury a child. It certainly is not the natural order of things to die before our children but then again, I haven't really discovered yet what the natural order of life is. Because we are born; and then there is sickness, accidents, murder, suicide and wars. And, these are all a part of life. It's a part of the life we were born into.

Holding you close to my heart and hoping you can find some peace in the answers you seek or acceptance for the ones you can not.

All my love & understanding, :love9:
Terry

MARTHA(CANDI'S AUNT)

• nospam
  • AUNT MARTHA LOVES YOU CANDI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 03:59:21 PM »
KEEPING YOU IN MY THOUGHT'S & PRAYERS.

MARTHA

Barbara

• nospam
  • Forever in my thoughts, Forever in my heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 10:26:11 AM »
I totally understand how you feel. And I too believe on God...I used to pray every day to God to keep my family in safe keeping but when my eldest son, Patrick, was killed 5 yrs ago I stopped praying for that. I nearly stopped praying all together...Now I pray occasionally but not to ask for anything, but rather to say thank you for all that I do have in my life now.
And it infuriates me when someone survives a traumatic experience like a car accident and come out of it alive and unscathed and people say that their guardian angel was with them....OMG..I just want to scream at them...really>???? where was my PAtrick's guardian angel???What about all the kids who die every day???where are their guardian angels...I think people say whatever it is they say to make themselves feel better...I no longer believe in guardian angels and don't believe in miracles...
And so my theory is....The good book says it's God's day of rest...He is doing nothing at this time...And you are right when you say life is out of control..We can't control certain things...
Big hugs to you

SarahW

• nospam
  • The moment a child is born,the mother is also born
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 11:15:56 PM »

I believe in God too, but I think that we must live in the world as God made it . . . i.e., a world where we have free will, and bad things can happen.  And also, I believe it is a world that we cannot possibly fully understand.

And for me, believing in God means having faith - faith that, no matter how bewildering and inexplicable the things that happen in the world seem, all is as it should be, and all will ultimately be well.

I think of God as all powerful, but also perfectly wise, and all-knowing.  There is a reason the world is as it is, and maybe one day, when I am in God's presence, I will understand that reason.

So - my thought is not "God can't stop it" so much as it is "God does not stop it."  And I can only understand it partially by thinking of God as a parent.  The only way a parent could keep a child 100% safe is to lock the child away and take away the child's freedoms and choices, and kept all risks away from the child.  It would be safe, but it wouldn't be much of a life.

Well, this is a pretty complex topic, but basically, I wouldn’t want to live in a world where a Being with super powers always made sure that nothing bad happened to anyone.   When I think of it that way, I feel as if I have a glimpse of the reason why the world is as it is.
I love thee to the level of every day's Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light. -- Emily Dickinson

You were a gift