Author Topic: Kevin's Angel Date!  (Read 1799 times)

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Kevin's Angel Date!
« on: August 30, 2013, 01:58:29 PM »

"It seems Love is as much about dying as it is living. I've come to accept that when a loved one passes on they are actually being born into a higher plane of consciousness and Love and we are excluded until our time of transition is upon us." -Kevin

Kevin was a practical man. He believed that night followed day. He believed the sun would rise and it would also set. He believed in God. He believed that our bodies die but our souls do not. He believed that heaven was another dimension that we cannot see but those there can see us and are always with us. He believed the only way to survive a trauma was to have one good friend, someone who would always be there to listen. He believed in sharing his pain and encouraged others to stay open with their feelings...the only true path to healing. He believed in remaining grateful for his daily blessings and shared often about them. He believed in loving and caring deeply for others, for in the end it will be the heart that lives on.

I spoke to Kevin just days before he died. He sounded very optimistic, sharing both short and long term goals. He did not fear death, rather looked forward to being with Betty again and being united with all those he had loved and were no longer physically around.

Kevin viewed death as a 'misplacement' of sorts. He wasn't sure where they went immediately following but knew he would find his way to them.

Kevin, you are always in my heart and will remain a beloved friend for all eternity!

I Love You,
Terry

PS - For Kevin's Family: I will re-post this every year in Kevin's honor.