Author Topic: Difficult day ahead  (Read 3825 times)

Diane5636

• nospam
    • View Profile
    • Grace Under Pressure - My Grief (and life) Blog
Difficult day ahead
« on: August 07, 2013, 03:16:32 PM »
I lost my husband, Scott, very suddenly in May - on his birthday.  We have two college-age girls.  My younger daughter's 19th birthday is in a couple of days, and I am hoping to keep his memory a part of her day without turning it completely sad.  It is the first birthday in the family since he passed away.  Also, we will celebrate two days early as she has to get back to college - so she won't be home on her day.  Any hints on birthdays?  College kids?

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: Difficult day ahead
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 06:28:01 AM »

((((((Diana))))))

I'm so sorry for the great loss of your precious husband, Scott. Every death is difficult but sudden death is a pain unto itself.

Your daughter's Father dying so recently and suddenly, I would just follow your hearts. Maybe your daughter would like to do something special and include her Dad in the day? It's a special day though one that will be clouded with the pain of missing her Dad.

Know I will be holding you close in the days ahead. Please share more about Scott as you are able.

Sending hugs and love,  :love9:
Terry

Diane5636

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 12:47:05 PM »
Thank you Terry.  I find that I can come here when other people seem to have moved on and forgotten - but when it affects every day of your life, it's very difficult.  My daughters are strong and doing well so far.  We have a few tears a day, pause for them, then keep going.  I appreciate your kind words.

MyLou

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 03:55:26 PM »
((((((( DIANE ))))))))))

I am so sorry for the loss of your husband.

Terry is right about every death and sudden.  I loss my Lou suddenly. 

Know that we are here for you.  We are all family/friends here.

I don't have children maybe you 3 could talk about how to include dad.  Just a suggest not sure if you are going to have a cake.  Maybe if you have a family picture you can sit it on the table while you sing. 

Your husband and their dad will always be with you.  He wouldn't miss his daughter's birthday :love4:

Sending you , peace, hope and love

Always,

Lisa
"Soulmates Forever"

I miss you every second of everyday My Love

I know I will see you again

arthur

• nospam
  • ((Maureen))
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 10:27:17 PM »
Hi Diane..
I am so sorry for the loss of your husband. Losing a spouse is unlike any other kind of loss..it changes the very heart of who you are.
The birthday celebrations become even more important as your family draws closer together because of the loss. Live in the moment of them
Diane. Hang in there.
(((((Diane))))))

Jean D

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2013, 11:29:45 AM »
Hello Diane,

I'm so sorry for your loss. I too lost my husband very suddenly. It is a very difficult time for you and your family. See how your daughter wants to handle her day. She may surprise you with plans of how to include her dad for this special day.

Jean

jbryant

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2013, 07:41:02 PM »
Hi Diane I'm sorry to hear of your sudden loss of your beloved husband I  can only reiterate what everyone else has already said we are a family and we are here for you and your family to,for me it's been one day at a time I'm only a year out so I'm still learning but do hold on its one hell of a ride JBS . :love4:

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2013, 09:49:48 AM »
(((Diane)))

I am so very sorry for the loss of your husband.  Welcome.  You have come to the right place, as you can see.

I hope you come back and let us know how you and your girls are doing.

lots of love  :engel2:
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

Diane5636

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2013, 04:45:57 PM »
Thank you so much, everyone.  I can turn here when I feel alone, and feel like the "weirdo" in the room.  Maddy's birthday was a nice dinner, and we were able to be joyous/sad as only families in our situation can.  Since that birthday, I have taken both my daughters to their college eight hours away and moved them into their apartment, only to come home to a house with just pets, no humans.  Thank goodness for my work, I thought (I'm a teacher), but when we started back today, I felt more alone than ever.  Maybe I was just dreading coming home to an empty house.  I know this too will become my new normal, but it's a tough road.  I appreciate all of your kindness and hugs.
Diane