Author Topic: Keeping Track of Time  (Read 4450 times)

ScottW

• nospam
  • This is a picture of my sister, Jori
    • View Profile
Keeping Track of Time
« on: July 24, 2013, 07:46:38 PM »
For me, every memory I have is qualified with "before Jori died" or "after Jori died".  Unfathomable to think that it's been almost 5 years. Sometimes it feels like 25 years, sometimes it feels like 5 days. Time is a mysterious thing.

Do others here share this sentiment?

I don't write here often, but "you all" should know that I don't if I'd still be around without you. What a truly amazing source of support . . . and friendship. Thank you.

Doug1222

• nospam
  • Keep on keeping on.
    • View Profile
Re: Keeping Track of Time
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 06:18:08 AM »
Absolutely, Scott. My entire life is marked by "before we lost Stevie" and "after we lost Stevie". Sometimes it's hard to even remember which is which.

I lost my brother in 1995. I think the strangest anniversary will be in 2017 when it's been twenty-two years. He was twenty-two when he died. When I've spent more years without him than I had with him will be odd. Sometimes it feels like a hundred years. Sometimes it feels like yesterday.

Yes, I understand exactly what you're talking about.

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2013, 01:29:46 PM »
For me, every memory I have is qualified with "before Jori died" or "after Jori died".  Unfathomable to think that it's been almost 5 years. Sometimes it feels like 25 years, sometimes it feels like 5 days. Time is a mysterious thing.

Do others here share this sentiment?

I don't write here often, but "you all" should know that I don't if I'd still be around without you. What a truly amazing source of support . . . and friendship. Thank you.

I agree, Scott. 100%. This is so true. Time has had a much different meaning for me since my loved ones died. Especially around dates, the weeks and sometimes even the months before....their death and all of the memories surrounding it can feel like yesterday. And it doesn't matter how much time has gone by, although the memories change a bit, the pain from their loss never does.

I remember when you first came to webhealing and I, too can't believe it's already been 5 years.

Thank You for sharing your beautiful "Jori" with us! I love the picture!! :icon_flower:

Hugs & Love,
Terry

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 06:18:46 PM »
Same here, events are labeled either "before Tony died" or "after Tony died".  Good to see you, Scott.  We came here around the same time, and Jori and my brother had a lot of simalarties.  hugs to you and Jori's boys.
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

Gail08

• nospam
  • Where Jolene flew into the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 03:42:05 PM »
(((((Scott))))),
It is so good to hear from you again.  What you wrote is EXACTLY how it is with me.  Everything is either "before Jolene died" or "after Jolene died". I can not have a memory of anything without thinking of it as either before or after Jolene died.

Scott, I can't thank you enough for the support you have given to me.  You helped me through a very hard and low point in my grief journey and I can never say THANK YOU enough.

I think of you often and pray that that you are finding the strength that you need to move forward.  You take care.

Love, Gail
G                                  Sisters 2 the end
  A                                Friends 2 the end
     I                   _________________________
 J O L E N E              In my heart 4 ever

ScottW

• nospam
  • This is a picture of my sister, Jori
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 12:53:42 PM »
Thanks for all of the kind messages.  It's really nice to reconnect.  As we enter this 'happy time of year' (he said with utter sarcasm); I'm sure I'll be in touch.

Best,
Scott