Author Topic: A good cry...  (Read 3596 times)

Doug1222

• nospam
  • Keep on keeping on.
    • View Profile
A good cry...
« on: July 10, 2013, 08:01:03 AM »
Morning, everybody. It's been a really long time since I started a new post. Some of you saw that the eighth was my brother's angel date. It hit me extremely hard this year. I'm not sure what was special about this year, but it might have been the worst since I lost him in 1995.

Maybe this was just part of the grief work I've been doing since I got here.

I ended up being awake for forty hours or so. I was so exhausted last night I could barely see. I chatted with my friend, Becky, last night for a really long time. We were working on a video I'm doing for her and just talking about life and death. She was having a hard time over her son at the same time.

She finally told me to go to bed...we could play with videos anytime. She said,"GO TO BED NOW! You don't need to get yourself run down. Besides that, a good cry is good for the soul. Go get some rest, honey."

I didn't go immediately, but I did take her advice on the cry. I sat and cried for a really long time last night. I finished the video we were working on then collapsed and passed out about midnight. She helped me a lot. Once in a while, I'm going to make it a point to just pause my life, remember my brother and my dad, and have a good cry. It is good for the soul. It cleanses it. I sure do love that girl.

Another friend of mine told me that some days we just have to dedicate to the people we've lost so we can take back the next one.

I gave yesterday to my brother. It'll belong to him forever.

I miss him so much.
 :tearyeyed:

Today belongs to me. I should sleep much better tonight.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 08:03:02 AM by Doug1222 »

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: A good cry...
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 07:26:25 PM »
Wow, Doug, Becky sure is a wise woman.  Great post.  :engel2:
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

godolphin7

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 07:22:44 PM »
I lost my brother July 7th and I have spent quite a few days weeping but I've managed to keep out of memory during the day but as night approaches, I pull out all our childhood pictures and miss him so much.  He was a kind and witty guy and left too soon unfortunately due to hospital error.  I understand the pain you feel and I talk to my brother in the hopes he hears me and is still lurking about. 

ScottW

• nospam
  • This is a picture of my sister, Jori
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 07:34:50 PM »
I wish we had a "like" button.  Great post.