Author Topic: Lesley's Angel Date (((Helene)))  (Read 3920 times)

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Lesley's Angel Date (((Helene)))
« on: July 14, 2013, 09:12:33 AM »

(((((((Helene)))))))

Remembering your "Lesley" today on her angel date and wishing you a day filled with very special memories of your time spent together.

Sending hugs and my love, :love9:
Terry

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Lesley's Angel Date (((Helene)))
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 12:50:56 PM »
(((Helene)))
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

helene

• nospam
  • My Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 01:30:13 PM »
Thank you both of you. I can't write about how I feel right now but I appreciate you thinking of me. I haven't forgotten you either!

Helene.

Helene & Lesley

helene

• nospam
  • My Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 07:12:03 AM »
I can't believe that it's been three years now since Lesley died. Three bloody years! As my close friend continues to battle with serious heart problems in the hospital, I am constantly reminded of how short life is and of our time together as family and friends on this planet. Things seem to be going ok for awhile and you can think that's going to last forever but of course it doesn't. Many of us are completely unprepared when death takes a loved one away from us. I know I was when Lesley suddenly died of a seizure that hot July night three years ago. Oh, I knew she was ill all her life and she was getting worse. But did I expect her to die? No! Lesley was always a survivor! She was tough!

I was looking through her meagre box of belongings last night. She left little behind in the way of 'stuff', but what she did leave is precious. Her writings mainly and some art. I wonder that a lifetime of 55 years can end up in one box. I'm glad that I gathered all the poems she wrote together into one volume of her poetry and gave it to various family members. One struggles to have a person remembered and still people forget. It hurts me that my Dad is forgotten and now Lesley to by 99% of the people who once knew them. Time marches on and we are forgotten. In Buddhist terms being concerned about being remembered is a form of attachment that we need to move past - to realize that all life comes, is here for awhile, then goes away. But I'm afraid that I'm still very attached to Lesley and that will never change as long as I live.

These are just some of the things I'm thinking about these days. The worst part of all of this is the terrible ache of missing Lesley being in my life. It is like a sore that never really heals. There's no other Lesley on this planet. When you consider the gigantic population on earth it's amazing to consider that no two people are exactly alike. No two souls. We know that so much more profoundly when we lose a loved one, don't we!

Thanks for putting up with my babble and thank you for thinking of me on Lesley's Angel Date this Sunday past.

Helene.

Helene & Lesley

Doug1222

• nospam
  • Keep on keeping on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 11:57:02 AM »
I'm sorry I missed it, Helene. I was out of town at a speaking engagement. I think of you and Lesley often.

I hope you're finding some measure of peace.

((((((((Helene)))))))))

Gail08

• nospam
  • Where Jolene flew into the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 04:04:12 PM »
(((((Helene))))),
Just to let you know I have been thinking about you and Lesley all month.  I know EXACTLY how hard this month is for you.    I know exactly how you feel about Lesley being forgotten.  I was so worried that Jolene would be forgotten but after finding Webhealing I am comforted to know that she will NEVER be forgotten and neither will your precious Lesley.  It does hurt to know that there is no other Lesley or Jolene on the planet but we had the blessing of having them as our sisters and that is something I will always cherish and I am sure you will too.

You take care.

Love, Gail
G                                  Sisters 2 the end
  A                                Friends 2 the end
     I                   _________________________
 J O L E N E              In my heart 4 ever

helene

• nospam
  • My Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2013, 06:54:28 AM »
Thank you Gail and every one for your caring and remembering Lesley's Angel Date. I really appreciate that. I am still here and I apologize for not being around as much as I used to. Life goes on after we lose a loved one and much of that time I find that life is a struggle! I miss Lesley being around to talk to and to share what's happening in our lives. If Lesley was alive now I'd tell her about the fact that my husband Barry is clinically depressed. He's always suffered from bouts of depression as it runs in his family, but never one this bad. It's so bad that I've had to seek out books on how to deal with a depressed spouse. Barry has most of the symptoms: lethargic, irritable, argues a lot, sleeps too much, has lost a significant amount of weight, no interest in anything, addicted to the internet, no sex, no interest in me, etc. Reading several books about other spouses who are living with clinically depressed spouses, I realize I'm not alone. 75% of marriages end up in divorce due to one of the spouses suffering from severe chronic depression.

I would think that clinical depression would be an issue for many people here at webhealing, either for themselves or for someone close in their lives as grief and depression are closely linked. It is difficult enough to recover from one's own grief and other problems let alone trying to live with someone who is clinically depressed. He won't see a doctor about this. I am going to print off some info on this topic and leave it for Barry to read, if he'll read it. And also, my alcoholism was part of why he's depressed now. It's been seven months sober for me now, and I realize that I put my husband through hell even though I didn't mean to. Now it's my turn.

Thank you for reading this and for putting up with my posts. You folks continue to be a real life-line for me!

Helene.

PS I'm riding my 10-speed a lot these days and every time I put on my helmet I think of Lesley who wore a helmet all the time, not because she rode a bike, but because she wanted to protect her head when she fell from her seizures.

Helene & Lesley