Author Topic: Mother's Day  (Read 3323 times)

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Mother's Day
« on: May 11, 2013, 06:36:57 PM »

Thinking of you on Mother's Day. For those of us who are missing our Mom's, may the day bring the sweetest memories of the time we were blessed to have together!

Happy Mother's Day to all our Mom's in Heaven!

Love,
Terry

Irene

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Mother's Day
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 10:40:03 AM »
Hi,
   It's been 8 years since my mother passed away, but the memories of her and wishing I could see her again, have never faded. The first year was the hardest, and I think it was a matter of selfpreservation, but previous to Mother's Day, I would see cards and signs up in stores etc., and I would think,"Oh yes, Mother's Day is coming." Every time I would see a reminder, my mind would do a mental block. Years have gone by, and still as Mother's Day approaches my mind does that little trick again. I can smile at it now as I'm sure my mother would. She knew I loved her dearly and still do. To others whose mothers have passed, my thoughts are with you. We are all very lucky to have had wonderful moms who are still with us in our hearts.

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: Mother's Day
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 10:51:09 AM »

I agree Irene that we were so lucky to have had great Moms. I miss my Mom every day and she died back in 1977. She is still so much a part of my life. She taught and guided me through so many struggles with her love and patience and I will be forever grateful for her unconditional love.

I have found that time doesn't change how much we miss them, it just causes that awful pain to become bearable and we begin to remember them as they would have wanted us too. Honoring them with our stories and happy memories.

Every time I would see a reminder, my mind would do a mental block. Years have gone by, and still as Mother's Day approaches my mind does that little trick again. I can smile at it now as I'm sure my mother would. She knew I loved her dearly and still do. To others whose mothers have passed, my thoughts are with you. We are all very lucky to have had wonderful moms who are still with us in our hearts.

Thanks for sharing this, Irene. I believe, too that our Mom's are smiling on us!

Much love to you, :love4:
Terry