Author Topic: Different Kind of Grief...Mother I Never Had  (Read 54942 times)

loststill

• nospam
  • painting our sunsets from heaven now
    • View Profile
Re: Different Kind of Grief...Mother I Never Had
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2013, 04:30:33 AM »
Sara Ann,

There were parts of your story I thought I was the only one in the world who'd gone through.  Maybe for the same reasons my grief is mixed with anger and self-pity.  I either don't want to or can't let go.  What to do but find some humor in the twists of fate and laugh harder than anyone at things that are funny?  I taught my mom how to use a computer but never got to share the "new" texting code for seniors with her (ATD - At The Doctor's, BFF - Best Friend Fell, BTW - Bring The Wheelchair, BYOT - Bring Your Own Teeth, CBM - Covered By Medicare, CUATSC - See You At The Senior Center, DWI - Driving While Incontinent, FWB - Friend With Beta Blockers, FWIW - Forgot Where I Was, FYI - Found Your Insulin, GGPBL - Gotta Go, Pacemaker Battery Low!, GHA - Got Heartburn Again, HGBM - Had Good Bowel Movement. IMHO - Is My Hearing-Aid On?, LMDO - Laughing My Dentures Out, LOL - Living On Lipitor, LWO - Lawrence Welk's On, OMMR - On My Massage Recliner, OMSG - Oh My! Sorry, Gas, ROFL... CGU - Rolling On The Floor Laughing... And Can't Get Up, SGGP - Sorry, Gotta Go Poop, TOT - Texting on Toilet, TTYL - Talk To You Louder, WAITT - Who Am I Talking To?, WTFA - Wet The Furniture Again, WTP - Where's The Prunes? etc. etc.).  In our bizarre world of everyone looking down at their devices, it's nice to look up and laugh.  No?

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2013, 01:35:05 PM »

Hi Sara Ann,

Thinking of you and hope you are feeling Ok. You surely have a lot on your plate right now and just know that we're here for you.

With love & understanding, :love9:
Terry

lovedbyGod

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2016, 09:32:49 AM »
I know this is an old forum posts here, but I am currently feeling this kind of grief, and can not share it with anyone I know because it is similar to how those posting on here mention - the abuse (by both parents, mostly emotional abuse in my case and just a little physical abuse earlier in my life) was (and still is) covert, and most family and friends do not know this side of how it was in my family (and still is even after mom's passing).

I can barely even write the details, but posts here are very similar to what I've been going through. With mom now deceased, I thought the abuse would be over, but instead it seems to have gotten even worse (father and one adult sibling).

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2016, 08:22:56 PM »
(((((((lovedbyGod)))))))