Author Topic: Ring  (Read 2594 times)

Irene

• nospam
    • View Profile
Ring
« on: June 05, 2013, 11:35:19 AM »
A few months ago, I got together with my two sisters. My father died a year ago and my mother passed away 8 years ago, and we sisters seldom see each other anymore, even though we do not live far from each other. My one sister produced jewellery, which my mother had inherited through her mother when my grandmother had passed away years before. I hadn't seen the jewellery in many years. I'm not in agreement with what to do with this jewellery, but I did suggest that we at least get to pick one item that we could keep. I picked a broken ring. It has only sentimental value, but I brought it to the jewellery store to be repaired. I want to wear this ring always, as a connection to my mom. I'm excited about picking it up tomorrow. It's funny in a way, but it's been years since I've had a chance to have a physical connection like this and unconsciously I gave the jeweller, my mother's phone number as a contact number. This list was always a great support to me, especially when my mom died, so I thought it was fitting to put this news here. I loved my mother and father so dearly. That never dies.

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: Ring
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 05:30:30 PM »

Aww, that is so nice that you found a very special ring from your Mom's past that will now be a part of your life for years to come. Thanks so much for sharing this with us! :icon_flower:

I miss both my Mom and Dad, too. It's different now with both of them gone. I recently found a piece of paper where my Dad was practicing writing my name as he used to leave me little love notes and messages all over the house. I'll cherish that piece of paper, forever. It now sits in a frame on my night stand in my bedroom.

You're right, Irene that the love we feel will last forever. Until we, too take our last breath.

I think of you often and I was so glad to see your post and especially happy to read your news. It's just awesome!

Sending a big hug and all of my love to you, :love4:

(((((((((Irene)))))))))

Love,
Terry