Author Topic: Our Don has died  (Read 5330 times)

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Our Don has died
« on: June 02, 2013, 08:03:11 PM »
Don Montross, Donny's Dad died this morning. His daughter shared that she saw him yesterday and he was fine. She went to check on him this morning and he had died in his sleep. He just went to sleep and didn't wake up. He has missed Donny so much and of course his wife, Bonnie of 46 years who died in December, 2011.

I shared with his daughter that me and Don were email buddies for years and he was thinking about coming down to Florida for a visit. I am still in shock over learning this. Just so sad.

I know Don is in peace and where he wants to be. He didn't want to live without Donny or Bonnie.

Any messages left here I will relay to Don's family. I told his daughter that he was loved by many here at Webhealing and will be missed, so very much.

This is the notice from the newspaper of Don's passing:

http://www.nj.com/hunterdon-county-democrat/index.ssf/2013/06/obituary_donald_g_montross_sr.html

Love,
Terry

« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 03:19:22 PM by Terry »

Penny - Sean's Mom

• nospam
    • View Profile
    • A Journey Continued
Re: Our Don has died
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 08:40:17 PM »
I will never, ever, ever forget the kindness that Don showed me when I was early on my grief journey.  It's rare in my world to find a Dad so incredibly dedicated to his family.  And I'm beyond grateful for his compassion, understanding and insight to those of us walking the challenging path of losing a child while he was on it with us.

It's rare that I find myself so torn at the news of a passing but tonight that's where I sit.  I know Don was in pain and I know his heart had been broken far too many times, but I also know that he loved his surviving family without fail.  My heart sings that he is no longer in pain and that he is in the arms of those that have gone before but it also mourns for his family that remains. 

Sending Peace, and Love and even a bit of Joy where it's appropriate.  Fly in Joy Don. 

Penny - Sean's Mom

(and tell my boy I miss him)

SarahW

• nospam
  • The moment a child is born,the mother is also born
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 09:20:24 PM »
I am sorry for the family's loss. 

I never got to know Don well, but I remember very clearly the way he expressed the longing he never stopped feeling for his son.  I could tell that the ache just never lessened.  So I am glad for him now, that he can be back with his son and wife.

Sympathies to all his family and loved ones.
I love thee to the level of every day's Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light. -- Emily Dickinson

You were a gift

Kathy

• nospam
  • Don
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 09:20:30 AM »
It has been a long time since I came to this website, but I was drawn to come here this morning. My heart hurts upon reading news of Don's death. Many years ago when I first started on this road of grief I discovered this website. I read all of Donny's Dad post because my son that died was also named Don.

Finally, Don is without pain.

I will light my Don's candle in memory and honor of Don Montross.

Kathy

Tom

• Administrator
    • apples are good and are good for you too
    • View Profile
    • Crisis, Grief and Healing
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 04:45:04 PM »
God bless Don.  So sad to hear of his death.  Sad for the family that it was so sudden, that makes it tougher.

Don was always great on these boards.  A calming influence for almost everyone with a knowing compassion.  I asked him more than once if he would be interested in being a moderator here but it never worked out.  I will miss him and am grateful for all the good he did here.   

Tom
Tom's New EBook and paperback

Adams Brokenhearted Mama

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2013, 05:24:54 PM »
Terry,
That is shocking news. Wow, I don't know what to say other than I know he will be happy with his wife and "Tiger".
Paula
XO Love to all my sisters & brothers-in-grief XO
Wishing you all peaceful moments, signs from your Angels & many blessings

MARTHA(CANDI'S AUNT)

• nospam
  • AUNT MARTHA LOVES YOU CANDI
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2013, 08:23:01 AM »
i haven't been on here in a while. been so busy with kids & grandkids.. & painting the inside of the house when they're not here.. i remember how nice don always was on here. i hate to hear of his passing...
i'll keep his family in my thought's & prayers.

MARTHA

Dena

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2013, 07:02:26 AM »
I just logged back on this morning after a long time "off" and needless to say, I am so saddened to hear that Don is gone.  He was always such a kind person and I know how much he missed his beloved wife and son. 

Dena, Josh's Mom