Author Topic: Happy Mother's Day  (Read 2767 times)

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Happy Mother's Day
« on: May 11, 2013, 06:25:57 PM »
On this Mother's Day, we remember the love we brought into the lives of our children as we gave birth, watched them grow and then had to let them go. They live still. They live always, deep in our hearts, in that place that no one else can ever go.

There is no greater love than the love we shared together and nothing, not time or even death can ever taint that love. It is forever.

Although some of us have surviving children, the deep pain of loss is always there on a day when we are remembered for the greatest role we will ever play in our lives. And, regardless of how many children we are still blessed with, there will always be one less plate at the table and the same heavy teardrop will fall upon our face before closing our eyes at night.

There is no job more important or more satisfying than one of a loving Mother. And, no life more precious than that of our child.

I wish you peace today as you are honored for being wonderful, loving Mothers and when placing our hands over our hearts, we feel them still....with every beat.

Happy Mother's Day.

Love,
Terry

PS....I heard this song and thought it was so sweet. I imagined "our babies" singing it to us...."I Will Always Be Your Baby!"

Happy Mothers Day Small | Large

« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 06:32:33 PM by Terry »

blindsided

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Mother's Day
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 09:38:49 AM »
A Mother's Day Gift From God

Lord today is Mother's Day,
  but my heart is split in two
  Half of my heart is still here,
  the other with my child that is there with you.
  But the only thing I want most is missing,
  and tears fill my eyes.
  I know when you sent him Lord,
  You didn't promise how long he would stay
  All you said was to love him
  and treasure each and every day.
  But Lord it crushed my heart,
  when you called for his return.
  I really feel like half a Mom,
  as I ache, weep, and yearn.
  But Lord tell him I Love Him
  just as much as I did before.
  And could you please make a window,
  so he can see through heaven's floor,
  Let him see that he is missed
  and thought of with each breath.
  And that a Mother's love begins before life,
  and does not end with death.
  So on this Mother's Day,
  The Greatest Gift
  "I Give To You.".
  For Lord I know you missed him,
  and you Love him too.

barb0617

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 01:13:04 PM »
Thanks, Terry - just what I needed to read when I checked in looking for little support.  Thinking of all with prayers.
Barbara - mother of Jim (1977-1999) and Tom (1976-2007) and two surviving daughters

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 02:10:27 PM »

I'm glad to know it brought you some comfort. I know how much you miss your babies.

Sending you big hugs and wishes for the most wonderful Mother's Day memories of your babies to find your heart.

(((((((((Barb)))))))))

Happy Mother's Day!

SarahW

• nospam
  • The moment a child is born,the mother is also born
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 04:45:11 PM »
Thanks, all, for sharing here.

Mothers' Day is such a hard day.

Mine went pretty well - the girls (foster daughters, 16 & 13) got me flowers and some small gifts, which was great.

What has been interesting is that each year, I've felt as if I had a gift from Vince as well.

The first Mothers' Day without him I don't really remember clearly, but the second one (2011), I found a nest of baby robins in the vines that grow outside my back door - such an unlikely place, so precarious!  And I watched mamma bird feed them until they left the nest one by one.  Vince was a big bird lover, so I felt it was from him

The next one, the girls got me some small gifts, among them, a little green plastic alien that looked just like something Vince once got me.  I asked them why they picked this out, and they shrugged and said "We just wanted to."

This year, the girls included one of those bird seed bells among their gifts, saying "that way, you'll see more birds coming into your back yard!"  They didn't even know about the other bird/Mothers'Day connection.  So again, I felt I had a present from Vince.

I can't wait to see what I get next year.

Best wishes and hugs to all on this bittersweet day.
I love thee to the level of every day's Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light. -- Emily Dickinson

You were a gift

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 07:37:49 PM »

Thanks for sharing your day with us, Sarah! How sweet of the girls to give you flowers and other gifts!

What has been interesting is that each year, I've felt as if I had a gift from Vince as well.

The first Mothers' Day without him I don't really remember clearly, but the second one (2011), I found a nest of baby robins in the vines that grow outside my back door - such an unlikely place, so precarious!  And I watched mamma bird feed them until they left the nest one by one.  Vince was a big bird lover, so I felt it was from him

The next one, the girls got me some small gifts, among them, a little green plastic alien that looked just like something Vince once got me.  I asked them why they picked this out, and they shrugged and said "We just wanted to."

This year, the girls included one of those bird seed bells among their gifts, saying "that way, you'll see more birds coming into your back yard!"  They didn't even know about the other bird/Mothers'Day connection.  So again, I felt I had a present from Vince.

I can't wait to see what I get next year.

That is just awesome!! I can't wait to see what Vince brings you next year, either! He loves his Momma! :love9:

(((((((Sarah)))))))