Author Topic: how do I get back to my normal routine  (Read 4882 times)

Sheri2366

• nospam
    • View Profile
how do I get back to my normal routine
« on: April 24, 2013, 08:51:56 AM »
My dad died 4-12-13 after a 2 year illness. He had ALS also known as Lou Gehrigs disease.  He gave me his business before he died. I can't seem to bring myself to work yet. I don't know if I can do it anymore because it was something he loved and I seem to have lost my interest in it. I'm physically drained emotionally too. I like that he is everywhere in the store. He was a giver. People loved him. I just don't feel ready. It's my only source of income so I have to get back soon.

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: how do I get back to my normal routine
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 09:47:02 AM »

Hi Sheri and welcome to webhealing. I'm so sorry you're having to live without your Dad. Grieving, and it's length with all it's complications is unique to us all. Take your time. If the business left you by your Dad is your only income, why not just give it a try? I can imagine it's not going to be easy so maybe ease into it part time for awhile?

Know we are here for you and I look forward to reading more.  :icon_flower:

(((((((Sheri)))))

Love & Hugs,
Terry

SistersinCanada

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: how do I get back to my normal routine
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 06:36:26 PM »
Hi Sheri
I'm so very sorry to hear of your dad passing.  ALS is such a cruel disease.

You've barely even had time to absorb his loss.  Of course making a living doesn't take a holiday just because you're grieving.
I suppose you're probably not sleeping well or at all.  Take baby steps.  Maybe like Terry suggested just work a few hours a day.
Is it something you really want to do.  If it is then the interest will come but right now you're grieving, you're probably exhausted and not thinking too clearly.  Don't make any major decisions for at least a year.  You might decide it's not what you want to do and that's okay, your dad would have been proud of you no matter what you choose to do in your life, whether it's continuing his business or finding your own way and following your own dreams.

Maybe you could hire someone to help you out temporarily or a friend or retired person that could help you out.  They may not want to get paid , helping you may be reward enough.

Be good to yourself, you've been through alot for the past 2 years being there for your dad.  Let us know how you're doing and I hope you give yourself some time to process everything.

Sisters