Author Topic: Update  (Read 3379 times)

jasonkl

• nospam
    • View Profile
Update
« on: April 10, 2013, 05:47:57 PM »
Hi everyone,

It has been months. I did not realize time could fly by so fast now. I have done so much and grown so much. My new relationship is going well we have had are ups and downs. But I suppose that would happen with any blended family. The kids are well still have trouble bring my past life and my present together but getting there.

I got a tattoo in Jens memory I will try to post a pick. I also had a quilt made for our son out of Jens cloths. I gave her parents the sheets and blanket she loved. I got the urn charms and put her hair in there for them. Believe it or not the tattoo brought me so much closure. I no longer need to hold on to her belongings. I have been giving things to her family. Something I though I would never be able to do. I never realized how much I kept, him many things of hers I moved. But it was like a very nice man said to me one day it will feel like a weight has been lift from your chest. He was right one day it just all seemed ok. I still miss her everyday. And would do any thing to have her back heathy. But is not to be last wensday was what should have been our 14th wedding anaversery. I went to see her. And for first time I did not cry at her grave. It was nice to be able to remember good things and not just the pain.

For anyone new who is reading this. These changes did not come easy. And the loss of the love of my love has forever changed me. I will never be the same as part of me died with her. But part of her is still alive in me. We are forever conected. I still have my day where I don't believe it is real and wish that I could talk to her one more time. But those thoughts no longer control my day. They no longer bring tears but a smile knowing that I could not have loved her more. That what we had was special and I was lucky enough to have her as my wife. And nothing can take that way from me, not even death.

Gone from my sight but never from my heart. 

Jason

Doug1222

• nospam
  • Keep on keeping on.
    • View Profile
Re: Update
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 07:30:59 PM »
It's great to hear from you, Jason. I'm glad to hear things are going better.

We got here just about the same time. I'm doing much better than last year, too.

I'm happy for you.
 :icon_flower:

arthur

• nospam
  • ((Maureen))
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 08:43:42 PM »
(((Jason))) Yup you are right..things will never be the same again with your wife gone. You sure sound like a different man than you did when you 1st started posting on these pages Jason. I think thats great:)) arthur

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 09:07:30 AM »
Jason - so good to hear from you.  Your post was beautiful.  Thank you for posting that it does get easier, so many memebers will benifit from that.  Wishing you all the happiness in the world.
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

Jean D

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 02:59:21 PM »
(((((((((((((Jason)))))))))))))  I love hearing about things have gotten better because it gives me such great hope. It has been 16 months, but every now and again I think the weight lifts a little and gives me some insight. My hope is that some day all of us here get to the point you are.  :happy3:  Thank you for the good news.

Jean

mshaynes

• nospam
  • - Mark - In loving memory of Eden, my Honey Ko.
    • View Profile
    • Mark S. Haynes
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 10:10:44 AM »
(((Jason)))

Thanks for sharing. I signed on today in order to make a post very similar to yours. (See separate post called "There IS Hope for a Brighter Tomorrow"). Yes, you have grown and been forever changed, and still are connected to Jen, and forever will be. As you said, these changes don't come easy, or quick. But you got there, and you will continue to grow and heal.

I wish you many blessings, peace, and happiness.
May she gaze upon you, Lord, face to face, and taste the blessedness of perfect rest. May angels surround her, and saints welcome her in peace. Let us also pray for all who mourn, that they may cast their care on God, and know the consolation of his love.

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2013, 07:27:20 PM »

I also had a quilt made for our son out of Jens cloths.

What a thoughtful gift for your son. I know he will treasure it, always!

I'm so glad to hear you're doing well and happy in your new relationship. Thanks for the update, Jason. I always love hearing from you! :love4:

(((((((((Jason)))))))))

Love,
Terry