Author Topic: Very close to home...  (Read 2006 times)

Doug1222

• nospam
  • Keep on keeping on.
    • View Profile
Very close to home...
« on: February 01, 2013, 04:05:09 PM »
I heard this song on the way home. It hits SOOOO close to home for me. I had to pull over halfway through it. It reminds me of my brother. I still have his car in my garage, too. I'll see if I can figure out how to post it.  

Small | Large

I hope everybody takes a listen.

...and I miss you, Stevie.
 :love9:

« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 04:07:24 PM by Doug1222 »

AC Mom

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Very close to home...
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 06:27:25 PM »
Before I even clicked on the link, I had a idea what song would be there. :)  Its a great song.  I am glad it reminded you of your brother!

Music is one of the ways I deal with life as it is now.  There are so many good songs out there, that just know how we feel!

Love
Peggy

Doug1222

• nospam
  • Keep on keeping on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 07:32:35 PM »
Thank you, Peggy! That song hit a whole bunch of chords with me. My brother was in the military when he died, and I have his car in my garage right now Other than my dad restoring it back to the state where it was the last time my brother drove it, nothing has changed about his car.

Sometimes I do drive his car for that very reason.

It's just like the song. I never visit the gravesite. What I do is drive his car.

Thank you.
 :love9:

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 07:50:26 PM »

That hit home for me, too Doug. I just sit in my son's truck. The pictures of me and his daughter are still on his dash. An old t-shirt in the back and some other things. I still shake my fists, too. I just want him back. Always will. The way you feel for Stevie.

Thanks for sharing this, Doug. Brought a few tears as I'm sure you still shed for your Stevie. We'll always miss them this much.

(((((Doug)))))