Author Topic: Hit by a car  (Read 7841 times)

arthur

• nospam
  • ((Maureen))
    • View Profile
Hit by a car
« on: January 13, 2013, 04:35:36 AM »
Not sure what this has to do with grief but it happened to me so....
I got hit by a car while walking across an intersection on a red light. I sustained a cracked skull and a concussion and multiple other injuries to my wrist and my arm..nothing broken thank God.  I am amazed I am able to walk and that my legs are totally functional. Just suffering migraines and alot of pain in my face and arms now.  Guess what I was thinking of as I was crossing the intersection on the red light? Yup..Maureen. I don't think she was thrilled at me doing something so stupid. I am lucky to be alive. I am dealing with the legal and financial fallout right now. Happy birthday to me!
01/09/1963.   :icon_rolleyes:

MyLou

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Hit by a car
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 06:22:17 AM »
(((((((((((( ARTHUR )))))))))))))

Oh My Gosh.  Thank goodness you are alive.  Maureen is with you all the time.  I am sure she was upset.

They released you from the hospital already ?  You have a lot of injuries. Is there someone helping you?  The lady you are dating ? This happened on your bday 1/09 ?

Praying for you speedy recovery  :engel2:

Always,

Lisa
"Soulmates Forever"

I miss you every second of everyday My Love

I know I will see you again

jbryant

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 07:36:56 AM »
Hope your doing better and the migrains have stopped head injuries are not to be played with hoping and wishing you a speedy recovery ((((Arthur)))) John :angel11:

Jean D

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 11:24:59 AM »
Arthur, I'm sure Maureen was with you and helped your guardian angel keep you as safe as possible. Concussions are a bear and nothing to be played with. Follow your doctors orders and get rest, eat as well as you can and stay hydrated. You need to take very good care of yourself for healing. I will say prayers for your speedy recovery. And by the way...Happy Birthday.

(((((((((Arthur)))))))))
Jean

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 08:52:31 AM »
OH my goodness, Arthur!!!!  I, too, hope that someone is there to help you.  Wishing you a speedy recovery...
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

stampingwidow

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 04:51:45 PM »
Oh Arthur, Do you have anyone to help you through this difficult time?  I find that when bad things happen is when I miss my husband the most.  We used to take care of each other.  it can be frightening o be alone at times like this!  It is difficult to accept help but please do not shut yourself from those that want to help.  You probably need help & they would probably enjoy helping you.  Hope you are starting to feel better but it is a little soon for that.  Do not be surprised if our injuries feel worse for a pole of days.  Wishing you a fast recovery.  Ann

johnkmurray

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 08:08:12 PM »
Hang in there Brother. This too shall pass!

Rodney

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 01:30:51 AM »
I'm glad you didn't break anything, how amazing.
Someone's watching out for you dude!
(((((((((Arthur)))))))))))

Peace~Rodney

MyLou

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2013, 04:12:41 AM »
(((((((((( ARTHUR ))))))))))))

Please update us when you can.

Always,

Lisa
"Soulmates Forever"

sonya

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2013, 08:02:56 AM »
((((((((((Arthur))))))))))

Not been on here for ages. Happy belated birthday and really hope that you are feeling much better

Son xxx
Perhaps they are not the stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy

arthur

• nospam
  • ((Maureen))
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 07:02:28 AM »
Hi everyone...I just thought I'd update you on how I am doing...I am healing. I get headaches everyday from my concussion plus I have damage to my 2 front teeth that cause me pain as well. I pulled a ligament on my left wrist and damaged my right shoulder rotator cuff in the accident. I am taking all sorts of meds for this crap..I am back to work part time but I still have to plan my day around the meds for the pain and for seizure prevention that my neurologist is concerned about due to my skull fracture.  Needless to say this is a challenging time.  My family and girlfriend have all been a big help. Currently I am dealing with some depression in addition to my physical issues..but I have discovered this is caused some by the meds I have to take...so I am adjusting those meds that I suspect might be the cause. Yet somedays I feel like I am in a well looking up at the light of a normal life.  This is not to mention the legal and financial fallout of the accident that is still coming though. And of course the grief never really stops for Maureen. I have to go get ready for work..Take care, arthur

arthur

• nospam
  • ((Maureen))
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2013, 11:08:00 PM »
I really would like to thank you all for all the support you have shown me in this difficult time. God Bless you all! ((((((Everyone)))))) arthur

MyLou

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2013, 03:54:57 AM »
(((((((((((( ARTHUR )))))))))))))))

Aww, I am so sorry for all the pain you have endured in the accident. Yes, please have your meds adjusted.

I am so happy your family/gf is helping you.

Take care of you and get back to feeling good again.
I know your grief for Maureen ..... she is watching over you  :engel2:

We care so keep us updated how you are healing.  

Sending you peace , love and the biggest healing hugs.

Always,

Lisa
"Soulmates Forever"

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2013, 11:33:53 AM »
((((Arthur)))
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09