Author Topic: lost my wife she was only 23  (Read 10376 times)

Doug1222

• nospam
  • Keep on keeping on.
    • View Profile
Re: lost my wife she was only 23
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2013, 01:06:46 PM »
One day at a time is an AA saying. It's the same concept. Don't worry about a week from now. It's too much. Get through today.

Make it through the next minute until you can make it through the next hour.

I didn't really mean anything by it. AA is just what I think of when I hear that saying.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 01:11:41 PM by Doug1222 »

Doug1222

• nospam
  • Keep on keeping on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2013, 02:23:57 PM »
Everybody's different. I was just trying to explain the one day at a time thing, and it's the closest parallel I know. That's what it feels like to me.

Mostly, I'm just trying to listen when Ankit needs to talk.

Doug
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 02:42:46 PM by Doug1222 »

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2013, 03:11:28 PM »

((((((Ankit))))))

I'm so sorry for the great loss of your beautiful wife, Jayshree. Heartbreaking story. Are you Ok from the accident in regards to injuries?

Please know we are here for you and understand this very raw pain from such a recent and tragic loss.

Love, hugs & understanding,
Terry

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2013, 03:24:06 PM »
One day at a time is an AA saying. It's the same concept. Don't worry about a week from now. It's too much. Get through today.

Make it through the next minute until you can make it through the next hour.

I didn't really mean anything by it. AA is just what I think of when I hear that saying.

I couldn't agree more with this, Doug as it's how I live my life, regardless of whether I am grieving or not. I couldn't make it any other way except the AA/One Day At A Time, way!
It's so easy to become overwhelmed, especially when we're in pain.

The concept is definitely the same!

Nice reflection! Thanks for sharing this! :love4:

Love,
Terry
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 05:24:32 PM by Terry »

roseygirl61

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2013, 04:19:20 AM »
Ankit,

I am so sorry for the loss of your wife.  This is one difficult journey in our lives, and one I wish none of us had to take.  Your love for a spouse, I am finding anyway is so painful and heart wrenching, it shouldn't be this way. You marry and think you will grow old together and have companionship into your golden years.
Most times your family and friends mean well, but it never really comes across that way. Shortly after my husband passed even his family were telling me how I should feel, act and move on.
Welcom to the WebHealing family, you will find great support, love and alot of caring people that know and understand the roller coaster ride of emotions you are on. Plese post anything you want....anger, frustrations and joy too of course whenever you feel the need.
Sending you hugs and loving support always!

Rose

ankitM1988

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2013, 08:53:13 AM »
thanks everyone for your support. and Terry , no I didn't get any physical injuries but I was sitting just beside her and I wish I should have also gone with her. I sooo want to be with her right now.
i know deep in my heart that we'll meet again and share our love
yours
Ankit

ankitM1988

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2013, 07:05:07 AM »
everything in my house reminds me of her. from the curtains on the window to the socks i wear. I miss her i miss her i miss her . Its getting really difficult for me.. every day is like almost a month for me. I am even not able to sleep.
yours
Ankit

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2013, 09:23:33 AM »
everything in my house reminds me of her. from the curtains on the window to the socks i wear. I miss her i miss her i miss her . Its getting really difficult for me.. every day is like almost a month for me. I am even not able to sleep.

((((((((Ankit))))))))

Although I've watched loved ones die and that image never diminishes, I have never experienced anything as traumatic as having my loved one die, and violently sitting right beside me.
Not only was Jay's death sudden and traumatic, she was also so very young and you both had a lifetime of hopes and dreams that ended abruptly. Along with losing your beautiful wife, you lost those hopes and dreams, too.

Is there anyone that you can talk with? Someone close or maybe even a pastor, priest? This message board was a lifeline for me, for many years with the support and love that I received but I also needed the human touch and an open heart to listen to me in my pain.
Did the town where this took place offer any counseling for the survivors?

I wish I could reach into cyber space and give you a big hug. My heart cries for your great loss.

Always here for you.

((((((((((((Ankit))))))))))))

Love,
Terry

ankitM1988

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2013, 10:01:32 AM »
Terry, my friends come to meet me and my parents also try to keep in touch with me. but i don't know why i am not able to completely express my self. I am in much more pain than i say.
yours
Ankit

MyLou

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2013, 10:24:03 AM »
(((((((((((( ANKIT )))))))))))))

Terry gave great advise.  

Can you go to the doctor maybe he can prescribe something for you.  There are a lot of sleepless nights and days on this journey.  The tunnel is so dark right now.  I do promise you will see light at the end one day.  We all grief different so I can't say when you will see light.

Stay with us and we will hold your hand and give you support and hugs.

My heart breaks for you and everyone here.

Always,

Lisa
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 05:13:47 PM by MyLou »
"Soulmates Forever"

I miss you every second of everyday My Love

I know I will see you again

Jean D

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2013, 12:55:23 PM »
Ankit, We are all in much more pain than we let on. We have a private side and a public side and we usually don't let anyone see the private side. Everyone thinks I am always just fine because that is what I tell them. I share the pain here and in a support group that I attend once a week and it took me almost a year to join that support group. Terry and Lisa give great advise. Seek out someone you can talk to, a spiritual leader or close friend or someone you feel will be open to listening. Also, go to your doctor. He or she can provide you with advice on sleeping or even someone to go to to talk. And they can also provide drugs if they feel you would benefit. Always remember you are not alone, we are here and understand.

Jean