Author Topic: Plans for Christmas, Hanukkah?  (Read 5726 times)

helene

• nospam
  • My Dad
    • View Profile
Re: Plans for Christmas, Hanukkah?
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2012, 09:26:38 AM »
Thank you Mary. I just happen to be briefly in the office checking e-mails. I went to my first AA meeting last Wednesday and this morning was my eigth (can't spell today) meeting. I think they are all wonderful people! I went through Christmas Eve and Christmas Day without a drink. In fact, I haven't had a drink since last Friday. I know these are early days and I have a long ways to go, but everyone, the ones at AA, the Al Anon people, my friends, my husband (!) and YOU here at Webhealing!!! I cannot thank everyone enough for your love and support. I already love AA and plan to 'Keep Coming Back!'
I wish you all a blessed New Year!

Love,

Helene.

Helene & Lesley

mary strain

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2012, 05:08:15 PM »
Helene: What I liked about AlAlon was I was not pushed to be in a different spot than I was in.  I could take my time to figure what I need to do.  The people at AA And AlAlon understand where we are at and encourage us to keep coming back and getting better.  This was something I needed very much.  It built my self esteam which I really needed.  I must say my life is much better because of it.  Tell us what ever you want and keep going.  You will get better.

Love Mary

helene

• nospam
  • My Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2012, 10:09:01 AM »
Thank you Mary, from the bottom of my heart! In the midst of so much grief and despair that I have been feeling for so many years now (way back when my Dad died and even before that, and through Lesley's death) I feel a tiny ray of hope. Of life. Of what living actually *feels* like, (as I haven't allowed myself to really *feel* ever, I don't think. Feelings are scary and overwhelming, especially grief and all the emotionas associated with grief. It was 'easier' to hide in a bottle, many bottles. Or so I thought. Now I know different. As I say, it's early days. I take one day at a time. Thank God for AA and Al Anon. I am so glad that Al Anon has helped you Mary, like it is helping my husband.

Love you all!

Helene.

Helene & Lesley

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2012, 10:48:54 AM »

((((((((Helene)))))))) So happy for you and your taking life "One Day at a Time!"

There IS hope!