Author Topic: Embracing the new normal  (Read 1462 times)

Adams Brokenhearted Mama

• View Profile
Embracing the new normal
« on: November 22, 2012, 08:32:19 AM »
Hello fellow sisters & brothers - in grief,
I am reading Newsday, which is my local newspaper and in it is an article titled Embracing the new normal. The article is about Hurricane Sandy and people. I found a similiarity in the article to us, the parents of children who are now Angels in Heaven. It went on to say that
     "People are not acting like victims, they're adjusting. They're finding a new normal. It's one of the things we as a people do best."
It's true don't you think? We can, and I have, be the victim of all engulfing grief and just wither away or find a way to adjust, like for me it is living moment-to-moment for any other way is too overpowering for me.
Finding a new normal - we all have had to do that. It's not the normal that we want, however if we live, then comes the difficult task we all face - adjustment to living without our precious children.
I thought that I would die of a broken heart and was disappointed and downright angry at myself for not doing so, I even tried suicide to give my broken heart a jumpstart on dying. I wasn't successful. So now, like all of us, we adjust to a new normal. However rotten the fact that we have to create and carve our a new normal for us, most of us have done it and I believe it is a life long process.
My hat is off to all of us, for surviving the unbearable and being there to support one another.
One of my Thanksgiving blessings is all of you. We would never have met unless we all suffered the unthinkable loss that we have but in doing so we have become our own community. In order to live I, we, need to embrace the new normal and with all of your support I take baby steps each and every day. G-d bless  you all!
XO Paula
XO Love to all my sisters & brothers-in-grief XO
Wishing you all peaceful moments, signs from your Angels & many blessings

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: Embracing the new normal
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 02:01:36 PM »

Life is all about moments, I agree. It's what we do with those precious moments that will enrich our lives.

Wishing you peace!