Author Topic: Re: Rodney  (Read 2296 times)

Rodney

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Rodney
« on: November 19, 2012, 01:55:19 AM »
I don't have much of a clue as to what I am doing, where I am headed out there in life, or in here wrestling with my grief. I do know I have identified a new fear and this fear is the coming holidays, and I know this one is way future tripping yet Jennifer's 1 year. I have had a horrible weekend so far, and have had a realization that I am going to have to move from this place I live now for it has become unbearable being miss treated emotionally.
I am so much like my Mother, because I went to bed last night in a horrible mood because of my roommate, and this morning I woke up with a plan or as best of a plan than I've had which is none at all really. So this plan is getting some work so I can buy a little pickup save a little money so when the end of February comes I will be heading to Jasper, Tx. so I can be at my wife's grave at least on the first year. I only came to Oregon to bury my Mother's ashes on the homestead which I am hoping to accomplish on my way to Texas.
Like I said not much of a plan yet I have to get out of here yet am not willing to throw myself back into the streets to be homeless in the beginning of winter. So I'll have to tough it out and I figure (cross my fingers) if I'm focusing on work, and saving money I won't be so exposed here, being used as an emotional punching bag. I have had enough.

Thanks for reading. ~Rodney~

Jean D

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 08:50:25 AM »
Rodney,

Many great things start with just one step and it sounds like you have taken that first step... a plan.  I think that is great. By having something to focus on, it just might help with getting through the holidays.  I only work part time, but I know that the days I work (have something to focus on) are my better days, otherwise I can be good for just sitting round the house.

I think you have more than a plan at this point, you have a vision. Keep that vision in mind and I think it will take you far.

Hugs
Jean

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 11:46:22 AM »

I am so much like my Mother, because I went to bed last night in a horrible mood because of my roommate, and this morning I woke up with a plan or as best of a plan than I've had which is none at all really. So this plan is getting some work so I can buy a little pickup save a little money so when the end of February comes I will be heading to Jasper, Tx. so I can be at my wife's grave at least on the first year. I only came to Oregon to bury my Mother's ashes on the homestead which I am hoping to accomplish on my way to Texas.

It sounds like you're taking the 'bull-by-the-horns' and good for you, Rodney! Because sometimes we can't get-up until we've hit rock bottom.

Like I said not much of a plan yet I have to get out of here yet am not willing to throw myself back into the streets to be homeless in the beginning of winter. So I'll have to tough it out and I figure (cross my fingers) if I'm focusing on work, and saving money I won't be so exposed here, being used as an emotional punching bag. I have had enough.

I think it's a great plan and I agree with Jean that it is a vision for your future. We're with you here every step of the way. You're part of our family now and we stick together!

Thanks so much for sharing your plans with us!

((((((((((Rodney))))))))))

Love,
Terry

sonya

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 07:46:41 AM »
((((((Rodney))))))))

I agree with Jean. You do express a vision. And one step at a time you can build on that vision to make your plan as clear as you need it to be.
You still have some time before Feb to do that so I think you have the space to gain more clarity.
like Terry said, we are all here for you

SOn x
Perhaps they are not the stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 01:03:19 PM »
I'm bumping this post up so everyone knows that Rodney's plans have changed but they were shared in a thread that was unrelated to his news.

I've locked the other thread and split this one as there were important dates, etc., that were overlooked (in the original thread) and every member needs to receive support and have their special dates acknowledged!

Please, all...read the post above, "Remember to start a new topic" as we would never want someone's sharing to go unrecognized!

Thanks and love to all!
Terry