Author Topic: Spammed!!!!  (Read 2584 times)

Jean D

• nospam
    • View Profile
Spammed!!!!
« on: November 14, 2012, 08:38:41 AM »
It looks like our web site has been spammed. How could this happen. Some of this spam has even made its way to topics that were already started. :angryfire:

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Spammed!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 09:06:47 AM »
Hi Jean.  Not sure how this happened, but we are working on it to clean this up and try and prevent it in the future.
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 10:42:17 AM »
It looks like our web site has been spammed. How could this happen. Some of this spam has even made its way to topics that were already started. :angryfire:

Jean - these names and messages are computer generated and not those of others reading here on this site. This was done in error, in the sense that no one wants to shut us down, they go after the news sites, etc., and the sites that are hit are in the millions, sometimes. It's random. It's a part of this new age we live in and can't escape from, not totally.

Not to worry. We will be back to normal soon!

Love,
Terry

Tom

• Administrator
    • apples are good and are good for you too
    • View Profile
    • Crisis, Grief and Healing
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 02:05:46 PM »
My apologies for the spam.  I am not sure exactly where they are getting in but we will find out and stop it.  These are basically robots that post spam on message boards where they can find entry.  They are harmless in a way but very annoying and injurious to the peacefulness that we usually enjoy here.  For that I do apologize and I hope you know I will be working on this to rid us of this mess.

Tom
Tom's New EBook and paperback

jbryant

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 07:29:24 PM »
dont they know thier is some angry people here  :angryfire:

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 07:48:34 PM »
dont they know thier is some angry people here  :angryfire:

That's funny, John but then again, true! But, they are not people. They are bots. Like a little virus of dirty water that leaks down from the top of a tall building: we happened to be one of the offices it leaked into. Those weird advertisements seen posted here on the boards are randomly sent out over the internet and even the source doesn't know where they are ending up.

About two years ago, a really nasty virus hit the internet and shut down news sites, you name it. Even Google was out of use. But, it got taken care of quickly.

Tom has worked very hard to get this straightened out and the boards are really looking good! Tom is on the job!!

Not to worry, John! Privacy is still ensured as is security!

Love,
Terry