Author Topic: Any plans for Thanksgiving?  (Read 1971 times)

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Any plans for Thanksgiving?
« on: October 31, 2012, 10:43:20 PM »

What's everyone doing this year? Any plans to get together with family?

Doug, I'm sure you'll have more company this year, since reuniting with your old and very dear friend. Do tell!

Helene, haven't heard from you and it's been too long now, so please check in when you can. Would love to hear from you, friend!

Gail, are you and Mom having family over to your place? Let us know!

Terry, any plans you would like to share? Look forward to hearing from you!

Judy, thinking of you this year and pop in when you find the time!

Love to you all,  :love4:
Terry

Gail08

• nospam
  • Where Jolene flew into the wind
    • View Profile
Re: Any plans for Thanksgiving?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 02:32:50 PM »
Terry,
No, I don't think we will be having any family come in for Thanksgiving this year.  I so dread that day as it is another one of those holidays that hold a TON of memories of Jolene.  New Years, Halloween and Thanksgiving were the three holidays that were most special to Jolene and me.

What are your plans?  Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers during this very difficult time as the first holidays without your precious dad.  I give you hugs of support in my thoughts daily.  :icon_flower:   I am hoping that in some way you can feel them and have some comfort.

My thoughts and prayers are with all of you during this holiday season.  I know it is hard for all of us and my support is with you all.

Love to all,
Gail
G                                  Sisters 2 the end
  A                                Friends 2 the end
     I                   _________________________
 J O L E N E              In my heart 4 ever

helene

• nospam
  • My Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 09:45:21 AM »
Hi Terry and Everyone,

Even though I live in Canada, and in Canada Thanksgiving was in October, I am also an American Citizen and so we do celebrate the upcoming American November Thanksgiving. This year a cousin of ours will be visiting. His name is Monty and he lives in New Jersey and his property took a direct hit from Hurricane Sandy. It will be good to have him visit us because Thanksgiving is often a very lonely time for my husband and I.

I remember making pumpkin pie with Lesley. She loved it really spicy with cloves, nutmeg, cinnamin and allspice which was too much for most people but I always liked it really spicy too. Little things like that remind me so much of Lesley. Nobody else ever makes their pumpkin pies that spicy.

I too think of all of you during this very difficult time. The holiday season is always filled with so much heartache for those we have lost. My heart goes out to you all. And yes, Terry: what are your plans for Thanksgiving? Others?

Love,

Helene.

Helene & Lesley

ScottW

• nospam
  • This is a picture of my sister, Jori
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 12:48:27 PM »
Hi all.  I'm going to spend the holiday with my wife's family . . . in Maryland.  The last time we spent T'Giving with her family was four years ago . . . the 'Saturday after' I received 'the call' about my sister.  Feeling pretty anxious about the trip.  Feeling pretty anxious about this time of year.  Feeling pretty anxious.  Hope you're all well.

deebee

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 11:12:10 AM »
To all at w/h --
I spent Thanksgiving with my husband's family.   We had 20 people w/ 5 young children, husband's deceased uncle's wife and her mother too.  It was a chance to renew family relationships that have been strained in the past.  I was grateful to able  to celebrate this day with dad who is recovering from a stroke and heart attack. I personally announced at the table this fact, in some way hoping to have everyone state what they were grateful for -- didnt really work, but everyone laughed and had a good time. 
Hope everyone else had a good turkey holiday,   love and blessings, deebee