Author Topic: Any plans for Thanksgiving?  (Read 8102 times)

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Any plans for Thanksgiving?
« on: October 31, 2012, 10:32:59 PM »

Does anyone have any plans for Thanksgiving this year and if so, do you want to share?

Thinking of you all, with love.  :love4:
Terry

sonya

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Any plans for Thanksgiving?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 11:13:12 PM »
I
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 01:37:03 AM by sonya »
Perhaps they are not the stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy

johnkmurray

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 11:58:56 AM »
Kit's mother invited me to come to WI again this year but due to work committments I'd have to fly on peak travel days and cut the weekend short. Gina invited me to go camping with her and her kids ... haven't been camping in decades though. Gonna have to think on that one. ;-)

stampingwidow

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 10:37:19 AM »
My daughter is hosting our family thanksgiving.  We decided that both physically & emotionally, I am not up to it.  We will each provide something for the dinner.  It is great of her to do so, but I dread coming home to an empty house.  How do others handle this?

Jean D

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 11:45:56 AM »
I'm driving two and a half hours to my sisters house for dinner. It is what Ben and I did last year...hope I can handle it, but it will be nice to see my 3 year old great niece.

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 07:43:21 PM »
Kit's mother invited me to come to WI again this year but due to work committments I'd have to fly on peak travel days and cut the weekend short. Gina invited me to go camping with her and her kids ... haven't been camping in decades though. Gonna have to think on that one. ;-)

I'm sure whatever you decide that you will have a nice weekend! Camping? Hummm...sure sounds relaxing.  

Let us know what you end up doing! :icon_flower:

Love,
Terry

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 07:49:07 PM »
I

Hey Son....was there supposed to be something after that "I?"  :laughing6: :icon_mrgreen:

How does your group of new friends celebrate Thanksgiving, if they do? Getting together with any of them? Let us know!

Will be thinking of you!  :love4:

Love,
Terry

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 07:57:39 PM »
My daughter is hosting our family thanksgiving.  We decided that both physically & emotionally, I am not up to it.  We will each provide something for the dinner.  It is great of her to do so, but I dread coming home to an empty house.  How do others handle this?

Sounds nice, Ann! It's always nice coming home to my dogs. They are a great comfort and I never feel lonely. Do you have pets?  :grommit:

Maybe someone here who is going through similar will share their ideas, thoughts with you. One thing I did earlier on was to make sure all of the lights were on before I left the house and I also left the stereo on so when I got back home, it had some life in it. Then, the dogs knock me over with their kisses!! Love and comfort comes in many forms!

I'll be thinking about you!  :icon_flower:

Love,
Terry

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2012, 08:02:15 PM »
I'm driving two and a half hours to my sisters house for dinner. It is what Ben and I did last year...hope I can handle it, but it will be nice to see my 3 year old great niece.

That sounds like a good plan, Jean! It will be nice, I'm sure spending time with your niece....what a sweet age!

Enjoy your day and if you feel it is too much, you can always leave a little early, right? I'm sure your sister will give you lots of hugs! Hey, if not we've got lots here for you!! :love4:

Let us know!

Love,
Terry

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2012, 08:06:49 PM »

For those here having to cope with the holidays for the first time without your loved ones, know we are here for you and understand how difficult all of the 'firsts' are going to be.

Sending you love and understanding.

Love,
Terry

Jean D

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2012, 02:39:25 PM »
I have a change in my Thanksgiving plans. I am going to join my son, his wife and my 2 granddaughters for this year. Packing up the dogs in the car and driving 5 hours...but going to make a weekend of sorts out of it. I know those two little faces on the girls will not allow me to be anything but upbeat.

Jean

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2012, 01:26:59 PM »

I have a change in my Thanksgiving plans. I am going to join my son, his wife and my 2 granddaughters for this year. Packing up the dogs in the car and driving 5 hours...but going to make a weekend of sorts out of it. I know those two little faces on the girls will not allow me to be anything but upbeat.

That sounds lovely, Jean! Thanks for the update!

Will be thinking of you on Thanksgiving as I will all here.

Love,
Terry

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2012, 01:53:05 PM »

Jason, Arthur, Dave B., Sonya, Chris, Rodney, John, Angela, Ann, Lisa, Kevin, Mark Haynes, Andy....just to name a few that we haven't heard from yet regarding your plans (if any) for Thanksgiving.

If you want to share, I would love to know what you all are doing!

You are ALL in my heart!

Love,
Terry

stampingwidow

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2012, 03:51:46 PM »
Terry thanks for your helpful suggestions.  I have a loving golden retriever- chow mix that I rescued from a dog pound.  I appreciate my daughters willingness to host the celebration.  My sister-in- law & her family will be.attending as well.  I will leave some lights on& perhaps the radio.  It is difficult for my dog when I leave.  She will welcome me gladly when I return as she is still suffering some separation anxiety.  Thanks for the reminder, she will be here for me.

MyLou

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2012, 06:21:37 PM »
Terry,

I will be going to the cemetery and then coming home for dinner.  Hoping I can sit at the dinner table it's just a chore.  I will take that day as it comes.

Always

Lisa
"Soulmates Forever"

I miss you every second of everyday My Love

I know I will see you again