Author Topic: Any plans for Thanksgiving?  (Read 8073 times)

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: Any plans for Thanksgiving?
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2012, 11:27:12 AM »

((((((((Ann)))))))) :icon_flower:

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2012, 11:29:26 AM »

(((((((Lisa)))))))

Always here for you, with love!

roseygirl61

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2012, 03:03:14 PM »
Hi all,

I will be going to my cousins this year.  Hopefully I can make through the Holiday this year, didn't do so well last year... :tearyeyed:
I know this is supposed to get maybe bearable is the right word, but it seems the greif  comes back so quick, every time I think I have a handle on it, everything just comes crashing down.
I miss Bill so very much my heart just aches.  Every milestone for Matt, every problem with the house, I just don't know how to ride this emotional roller coaster any more. Hopefully this too shall pass?
Wishing all some peace and comfort in the coming days and weeks.... :love9:

Rose

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2012, 06:47:06 PM »

Hi Rose....so nice to see a post from you! Regardless of how much time has gone by, the holidays are always difficult. Those grief bursts from their memory, every memory of holidays spent together, can be rough.

Time does help. That time is very different for us all. Remember that our pain is fueled by our love for them. No love...no pain. But, I'd rather feel the pain than feel on top of the world just months, even a year or two after they have died because that would be more painful if I had nothing to miss. That pain would be unbearable. So, I can live with this pain.

You'll always miss Bill just as I will always miss all of my loved ones who have died. How could we not? But, one day you'll feel that life is calling to you (with a smile) instead of beating you up and that will be a good feeling. Better days will come, Rose. Believe me!

Wishing you peace, also and much happiness in your future! You certainly deserve it!  :love4:

(((((((Rosie)))))))

Love,
Terry

roseygirl61

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2012, 04:10:59 AM »
(((((Terry)))))

Thank you for your kind and beautiful words and thoughts.
I honestly don't know how you do it, through your own pain and grief, you ALWAYS have words of encouragement for others!
Hope you have some peace and comfort and joy in the coming days as well. :love4:

Rose

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2012, 06:01:30 PM »
Kit's mother invited me to come to WI again this year but due to work committments I'd have to fly on peak travel days and cut the weekend short. Gina invited me to go camping with her and her kids ... haven't been camping in decades though. Gonna have to think on that one. ;-)

It sounds like everyone made it through Thanksgiving with no visible scars, which is always a plus!  :love4:

John,

What did you end up doing? Did you go camping with Gina and her kids?

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2012, 06:03:09 PM »
(((((Terry)))))

Thank you for your kind and beautiful words and thoughts.
I honestly don't know how you do it, through your own pain and grief, you ALWAYS have words of encouragement for others!
Hope you have some peace and comfort and joy in the coming days as well. :love4:

Rose

Thank You, Rose for your well wishes! What a nice message!  :love4:

((((((((Rose))))))))

johnkmurray

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2012, 12:20:44 PM »
What did you end up doing? Did you go camping with Gina and her kids?

I ended up dog sitting for her. ;-)

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2012, 03:56:42 PM »

AWWW, :thumbsup: that was nice of you, John and I find that they are the best company, anyway!!  :grommit: