Author Topic: It's Halloween  (Read 3013 times)

Gail08

• nospam
  • Where Jolene flew into the wind
    • View Profile
It's Halloween
« on: October 31, 2012, 02:10:07 PM »
Having a hard time today.  Halloween holds a TON of memorise of Jolene.  We so enjoyed dressing up and sitting outside Halloween night waiting for the trick-or-treaters.  They got as much enjoyment out of seeing us as we did them.  In between trick-or-treaters we would just sit and talk about old times and all the fun that we had had together through the years.
 I will never forget one Halloween when a fog rolled in.  It was the most perfect setting for Halloween I have ever seen as the fog rolled in so very eeriely and slowly.  We sat out there and talked about horror movies and scary times that we had had together.  I just MISS HER SO MUCH.  I want her back SO BAD.  I wish the pain would just STOP.  :sad10: :sad10: :sad10:
G                                  Sisters 2 the end
  A                                Friends 2 the end
     I                   _________________________
 J O L E N E              In my heart 4 ever

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: It's Halloween
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 10:03:01 PM »

I will never forget one Halloween when a fog rolled in.  It was the most perfect setting for Halloween I have ever seen as the fog rolled in so very eeriely and slowly.  We sat out there and talked about horror movies and scary times that we had had together. 

That does sound like the perfect setting for Halloween and a memory you will always hold dear, I'm sure.

Thanks for sharing a memory of your Jolene!

((((((((Gail))))))))

Love,
Terry

Gail08

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 02:39:05 PM »
Terry,
Thank you for enjoying hearing my memories of Jolene.  It means so much.

Thank you all for wanting to hear and listening when I share memories of Jolene.  It comforts me to know that because of you all that Jolene will always be remembered.  I just don't know what I would do if I couldn't come here and talk about her.  And I am so grateful that I can do that here and not be judged of how far I am in my grief journey.

HUGS to all.
Gail

helene

• nospam
  • My Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 06:34:22 AM »
Hi Gail,

I too am thinking of you during this Halloween week. Halloween is often not mentioned to be among the major holidays or special times of the year, but, in fact, we all know that Halloween is a very powerful time and always has been in our lives. Your memories of being with your dear sister Jolene on that particular Halloween night when the fog gradualy rolled sounds magical indeed! What a wonderful and ultimately painful memory for you. You and Jolene were so close as sisters! That is very special and nobody can take those special memories that you have away from you. I know it's hard. I know only from my own experience of how the way time goes on and our continuing struggle with grief does not always dissipate in the way some people say it is supposed to. 'Just get on with life. Stop wallowing in the past!' , my own husband has said to me more than once now that it is just over 2 years since Lesley died. 'Just get on with life.' How does one do that in lieu of having to try to continue 'living' without the siblings that we loved so much?! And who loved us?! And that goes for everyone who has lost a loved one, being a parent, child, spouse, sibling, cousin, friend, co-worker, other relatives, and yes, also pets. Sorry to go on so much here, but I want you to know that I'm thinking about you Gail and your dear sister Jolene. Please tell us more about her when you feel you can. I feel that I am gradually getting to knoew her and to know you. Your hearts are strong and pure even in the situation of you both now existing in different dimensions. I feel that Lesley exists in another dimension  and has not been obliterated by what we know as 'death'.

Love from,

Helene.

Helene & Lesley

Gail08

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 03:57:08 PM »
Helene,
Thank you so much for your kind words.  And thank you for wanting to hear more about Jolene.  I too feel I getting to know Lesley and you as well.  You are a very special friend who I am so blessed to have.  I think of you daily.

((((((((((Helene))))))))))

Love, Gail