Author Topic: Well, I did it ...  (Read 8723 times)

johnkmurray

• nospam
    • View Profile
Well, I did it ...
« on: October 12, 2012, 08:14:47 PM »
I signed on to an online dating service. It has been over two years since I lost Kit and recently, thanks to some good friends, I realized that I had to do something to end these days locked within the walls of my home. I half-heartedly tried dating a year ago and that fizzled. I telecommute so don't meet woman through work. My circle of friends is limited, even the band is a small circle and with these as my only social outlets no wonder it is just me and the pets, night after night.

Friday night I went on my first date in a year - and the second since Kit died. Tomorrow night I'm meeting another gal for drinks and hopefully some live music. I'm in the mood to dance.

I hope that Kit approves.

John

Jean D

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Well, I did it ...
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 08:25:52 PM »
John,

I bet Kit is smiling from ear to ear. I'm very happy for you and you give me hope that maybe one day I may take those same steps and let someone into my life.

Jean

jasonkl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 10:16:59 PM »
John
Good for you. Such a big step. I am sure Kit approves. If nothing else she loved you and would not want you to stay locked behind your walls. A date is just that a date. Have fun enjoy yourself.

Jason

MyLou

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 04:02:04 AM »
((((((((((((((((((((((((( JOHN )))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I am so happy for you  :icon_flower: You made me smile  :icon_mrgreen:

Of course Kit approves and she is always with you.  Just ask Kit :angel11: to send someone nice for you , you deserve it !!!

Please update us how your date went  :toothy10:

Always,

Lisa
"Soulmates Forever"

I miss you every second of everyday My Love

I know I will see you again

Doug1222

• nospam
  • Keep on keeping on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 08:19:03 AM »
I agree, John. Good for you.

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2012, 09:14:19 AM »

Friday night I went on my first date in a year - and the second since Kit died. Tomorrow night I'm meeting another gal for drinks and hopefully some live music. I'm in the mood to dance.

I hope that Kit approves.

And, I imagine you are a great dancer! Enjoy yourself, John! :icon_cheers: I'll be thinking of you tomorrow night and please let us know how your date went.

Kit approves!  :angel4:

(((((John)))))

Love,
Terry

mousewife

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2012, 07:19:41 PM »
Congratulations,

It is a step and I hope it works out well for you.  I've tried the online sites, but it feels too uncomfortable for me, so I never stay on longer than a couple of days, or even hours at the most.  I met a  guy recently, but, I really haven't figured out what that was.  I thought he seemed interested, but, I guess I read the signs wrong.    It's been so long since I've dated, and I never really did that much of it then.  I'm having trouble figuring out how I'm supposed to be doing this.  I went out with a friend's relative recetnly, but, that was painfully boring, and he was not well-suited for me anyway.  I'm feeling so discouraged, because I have not found a good way to meet people.

I think the online thing works better for men.  I hope it works for you.

mousewife

jasonkl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2012, 09:11:00 AM »
Mousewife

I think you are right dating is easier for widowers. Our marriages did not end in divorce. We did not cheat. We did nothing wrong our partners passed away. We for filled our vows. In most cases we took care of your loved ones till the end. It is not to say emotionally it is easy for any of us to date.

In my case I had what started as a friendship turn into something more. I was not looking to date or start a new relationship it just kind of happened. I a way I was lucky to find someone who was will to deal with me. To try and understand my loss and all that goes with it. She is will to deal with the knowage that there will always be another woman in my heart.

I hope the same for all if that is what you wish. It doesn't take the pain away and it does bring up new emotions. But it is nice to have someone to talk to again. Some to spend time with. I still miss my wife. No one will ever take her place. But this is my new normal. I love my wife and I always will. But I know she would want to be happy again if I can be.

Take care. 

Jason

gaberax

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2012, 04:40:17 PM »
Good news, John.  Kitt would approve. She loves you and wants you to be happy and live.  Good luck.

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2012, 09:19:57 AM »

John - we don't need details, though they would be welcomed  :laughing6: so maybe just a 'thumbs up' or a 'thumbs down' on how your date went Saturday night! Was it at least a comfortable night?

Mamma Terry wants to know!  :laughing7:

With love,
Terry

johnkmurray

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2012, 10:58:07 AM »
Yes Mamma ;-)

I was a very enjoyable evening. The band was your basic bar cover band, so nothing to write home about. The lady was intelligent, witty, and had a spark of mischief in her eyes ... green eyes. Have I mentioned that green-eyed redheads are like Kryptonite for me? I returned home rather late and we have plans to go out again later this week.

Was I comfortable? At first I was a bit nervous. Out of practice and not sure what the "dating rules" were for my age group. After chatting a bit I relaxed and the rest of the evening flowed along.

John
(definite thumbs up)

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2012, 11:37:50 AM »

The lady was intelligent, witty, and had a spark of mischief in her eyes ... green eyes. Have I mentioned that green-eyed redheads are like Kryptonite for me?

Wew Wee!! How exciting! And, even a bit seductive that she was able to expose your Achilles Heel!  :hello2:

Was I comfortable? At first I was a bit nervous. Out of practice and not sure what the "dating rules" were for my age group. After chatting a bit I relaxed and the rest of the evening flowed along.

John
(definite thumbs up)

I am SO happy that you enjoyed the evening and are looking forward to the next!

Thanks so much for letting us know! I was sitting on needles and pins and starting to get sore!  :laughing1:

Hugs & Love to you, John,
Terry

Jean D

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2012, 01:46:47 PM »
How wonderful for you, John!

:wav:

Jean

MyLou

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2012, 03:52:16 PM »
((((((((((( JOHN ))))))))))))))

So happy for you , yayyyyy  :blob1: :icon_thumleft:

Now you will have to update us on date 2  :laughing7:

Always,

Lisa
"Soulmates Forever"

I miss you every second of everyday My Love

I know I will see you again

jasonkl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2012, 07:16:35 PM »
John

So happy for you. Please tell us how date 2 goes.

Jason