Author Topic: ((((Mark)))) Eden's Birthday  (Read 3244 times)

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
((((Mark)))) Eden's Birthday
« on: August 27, 2012, 09:42:47 AM »
Wishing your precious "Honey Ko" a happy heavenly birthday....

Thinking of you today, Mark.

Lots of love.
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

Jean D

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: ((((Mark)))) Eden's Birthday
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 10:59:06 AM »
(((((((((((((((Mark)))))))))))))))))

Think of you.
Jean

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 11:54:52 AM »

((((((((Mark))))))))

Wishes for a special memory to find your heart on your Eden's birthday. Please let us know how you're doing when you find the time.

Love,
Terry

MyLou

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 04:14:30 PM »
(((((((((((((((( MARK )))))))))))))))))))

Always

Lisa
"Soulmates Forever"

I miss you every second of everyday My Love

I know I will see you again

sonya

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 03:06:39 AM »
(((((((((((((Mark))))))))))))))
Perhaps they are not the stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy

mshaynes

• nospam
  • - Mark - In loving memory of Eden, my Honey Ko.
    • View Profile
    • Mark S. Haynes
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 02:19:24 PM »
Wow! I logged in to make a new post, and found these wonderful wishes waiting for me. Thank You!

Now, here's what I was going to say...

It's been 7 months since my "Honey Ko", Eden died. I finally accepted her hospice agency's offer for bereavement counseling. I had a good introductory session with the therapist, who seemed very well versed and a capable listener.

Cynthia sounded just like the grief books and this board. "It sucks. It's going to suck for a long time. And then, one day, it will suck less. But it will still suck."

Is this what is meant by "you don't get over grief, you get through it?" And by through, they mean that what's on the other side of grief, is grief-lite?

Well, if that's what I have to hope for, then I guess I'll aim for grief-lite. I have another session 3 weeks out (she's booked solid).

In the meantime, I'll start group sessions to see if that is of any help. Cynthia says it's not for everyone, and to stay on the edge looking in when others dig a giant hole of sorrow during the sessions. She says to listen, and care, and empathize, and learn, but don't get sucked down in that hole with them. "Wear your armor," she suggested.

I pray for my own sense of peace, and all of yours, too. And I look forward to a time when this hurts a little less.

May she gaze upon you, Lord, face to face, and taste the blessedness of perfect rest. May angels surround her, and saints welcome her in peace. Let us also pray for all who mourn, that they may cast their care on God, and know the consolation of his love.

Jean D

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2012, 07:19:11 PM »
Mark,

I keep hearing and reading we all do this differently and what works well for one doesn't always work for others. It sounds like you made some steps that make sense for you. I think that is wonderful. I look forward to the day when it "sucks less" for all of us.

((((((((((Mark)))))))))))))
Jean

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2012, 09:06:38 AM »

Mark, I've been looking forward to an update from you so I'm really glad to read this! I also took advantage of Hospice's offer for bereavement comfort and they are such a comfort. They came quite often to my home after Dad died and since I was like a zombie for the first three months, I really appreciated it. They would just sit and listen to me cry and sometimes scream. They did the same after my husband died. They are angels, aren't they?

I never felt comfortable leaving the house and attending any of their events so they were more than happy to come to me. That may also be an option for you at certain times, too.

True - We can't get around grief. We don't get over grief. There are no short cuts while grieving. "We work through our grief." We learn in time to live with our losses. And, it's also true that one day we will no longer live in darkness. There's HOPE in the light!

How can we love someone so deeply, so unconditionally and then expect to not feel great pain from their loss? Our great love fuels our great pain. Those suggesting they don't feel this great pain are living in the blackest hole and this hole is called denial!

Thanks so much for sharing this with us, Mark as I think of you and your love for your Eden often.

((((((((Mark))))))))

Love,
Terry