Author Topic: Almost one year  (Read 1965 times)

Scottieanne

• nospam
    • View Profile
Almost one year
« on: August 26, 2012, 09:49:09 PM »
On Wednesday it will be one year since I have lost my Mom.  I still miss her every day, some days are worse than others, but I dont think I will ever feel completely whole again. 
I have been having difficulties lately, I was the only one with her when she passed, and I keep going over those past minutes and hours...    this entire week I feel like every day I am thinking about what that day was like last year, the day she went into the hosp for the last time, the last time she was awake for a conversation...  Last week we buried her ashes, and it was painful but I am hoping it will help with closure, although I am not really sure what that is.  How do you just "close" part of your life??  My mom was my best friend, the only mother my husband has ever really known, and the best grandma kids could possibly have.  None of them talk about her, so I feel that I have to stop as well, as I make them uncomfortable when I do.  My Dad cries every time he talks of her, yet is talking about starting to date again.  How can he even think that already when he cant even talk about her???
I havent visited this site often since I first joined, but it is nice to know that there is a safe place to vent when needed :)  Thanks.

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: Almost one year
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 01:57:38 PM »

(((((((((Scottieanne)))))))))

You have my heart with your precious Mom's angel date coming up. They bring back so many memories and not all good. I'm so sorry.
I know how close you and your Mom were and losing someone we love so much leaves such a gaping hole in our hearts. It takes time, and sometimes a lot of time before we are able to remember the good times, the happy memories. The pain speaks loudly and drowns out those memories.

I never stop talking about my loved ones, regardless of how much anyone else does or doesn't. It is how we honor them. It is how we keep them alive in our hearts and in the hearts of others. They lived and deserve to be remembered....above all else!

Know we are here for you.

Sending hugs & love,
Terry

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 12:45:09 PM »
I agree with Terry - I don't stop talking about my brother. 

((((Scottieanne)))))
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

Scottieanne

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 11:27:52 AM »
Thank you so much to both of you!