Author Topic: still feeling the pain 6 years later  (Read 4334 times)

jazzgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
still feeling the pain 6 years later
« on: August 01, 2012, 11:28:22 PM »
My brother took his life Jan. 1 2006 and had 2 boys he left behind. His oldest is now 15 and is very bitter towards us (my brothers side). It breaks my heart to feel his pain. He was only 8 when his dad took his life and under therapist opinion, it was said to just tell him he was very sick. He later found out the truth and now completely blames us for lying to him. We all do not live in the same town with him and he is feeling like we have abandoned him. It just breaks my heart. This has truly struck a pain within my family and has made us very angry at my brother for taking his life. He has left us with such a mess to clean up and I truly hate him for that. I will always love my brother but how Selfish!! I miss him so much and I hate that all this time has gone by and I feel like I am forgetting his voice. His 2 sons remind me so much of him. His oldest son has made it very clear lately that he just hates being compared to his dad. I just hate having to deal with all of this when this all could have been avoided!

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: still feeling the pain 6 years later
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 12:49:07 PM »
Dear Jazzgirl ~ I also lost my brother.  He died of an accidental pill overdose.  Some look at it as him taking his own life.  I sort of go back and forth.  I know he didn't mean to do it, but he did take all those pills.  My brother has a son, my nephew, he is now 11, but he was 8 at the time.  My mother is trying to raise him and it's very diffacult, as he did not recieve proper parenting before she got him.  I see her stuggling, her life is no longer hers, and it causes a lot of conflict on all levels.  The last sentace of your post - I can relate to....my brothers death was preventable.....I am sorry that your nephew is angry and I hope it's a phase. 

lots of love.
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 09:40:45 PM »

(((jazzgirl))) One death affects so many lives. I feel for this young boy, your brother's son and the pain and the other emotions he's trying to dealing with. I hope a therapist is found for him that he is able to share honestly with regarding his feelings. There are so many out there but there's only one that's a good-fit. That's too bad that your all living so far from one another. Maybe things will change in the future.

I'll be holding good thoughts for all of you to find some peace through this very difficult time in all of your lives.

Love,
Terry

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 04:31:26 PM »
jazzgirl - wondering how you're doing.
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven