Author Topic: Vincent's Angel Date ((((( Sarah) )))))  (Read 1915 times)

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Vincent's Angel Date ((((( Sarah) )))))
« on: July 23, 2012, 10:03:04 AM »

((((((((((Sarah))))))))))

Holding you close and remembering Vincent today. Wishes for peace to fill your heart.

I hope Vince sends you a sign today so you know he is still with you!

Love,
Terry

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Vincent's Angel Date ((((( Sarah) )))))
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 10:33:40 AM »
(((((((((((Sarah))))))))))))))))

Maybe you could share some about Vincent if you like today, if you feel up to it, I love reading about him.
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

SarahW

• nospam
  • The moment a child is born,the mother is also born
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 07:30:05 PM »
Thanks, Terri and Pam.

I went to the cemetary this weekend - it's a long drive to another part of the state, where my mother-in-law lives.  It was good to see her.  We always go together to the graves (her husband, my husband-her son, and my son-her grandson).  Having lost her son and grandson, she understands like no one else really does.

I brought the girls (my foster daughters) with me, and my sister, and it was very good to have so many loved ones around.  The girls seem to think of Vince as a long-lost brother, and ask me many questions about him.

Vincent was a great guy, very bright and artistic.  He was very funny also - was known for his sense of humor amongst his friends, who told me how much he had influenced them.

Once, when he was a teen, we got one of those "singing" Christmas cards that played Rudolph, and he took out the little disk that played the music and hid it in the house before he left for school.  I kept "hearing something," and it took me quite a while to find it - and then I hid it under his mattress.  He didn't hear it until he was in bed, with his head on the pillow.  He said nothing, and hid it in my car.  I didn't hear it until I was partway to Kroger's, etc.  We kept this up for awhile, cracking ourselves up as we tried to surprise and frustrate each other.

He was a sweetie.  I miss him so much.
I love thee to the level of every day's Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light. -- Emily Dickinson

You were a gift

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 09:26:28 PM »

How sweet that story is about the singing Christmas card!! A wonderful sense of humor your precious Vincent had. Thanks so much for sharing that with us, Sarah. I'll think of that whenever I think of Vince!

I'm so glad your weekend was filled with happy memories and that you also had your MIL to share it with who truly understands great loss.

(((((((((Sarah)))))))))

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 09:25:22 AM »
(((((Sarah)))))

Cute story....my mom and I do something similar with these porcelain (sp?) Christmas bells that I got as a child - I don't really want them, but don't want to get rid of them, so I hide them in her house....and then she finds them and hides them in my car, or makes me take them!  =)
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven