Author Topic: Remembering Our Children ~ Video  (Read 5719 times)

grainofsand

• nospam
  • Hard to let them go...
    • View Profile
Remembering Our Children ~ Video
« on: July 22, 2012, 03:36:29 PM »
Hello all !
It has been such a long time since I've been here on webhealing, I feel like I am 'coming home'.
You all have always been such a part of my heart, no matter how long I was away.

Some of you parents that were here years ago might remember the video I made of your children.  Today I uploaded it to YouTube if anyone is interested in seeing it again.

It was so good to see these faces again when I viewed the video today, I had to share it again with all of you.  Sweet, sweet faces.  Prayers and love to all...the journey of grief is a hard one, but there is much treasures to be found along the way  To all my 'treasured friends'... I love you all.
 Grainofsand

« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 09:02:21 PM by Terry »
Letter to Death: Death never looks back to see my tears or how difficult life has become now for me.
When death stops a heart, it doesn't understand that it beat with another.

laurenE

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Remembering Our Children ~ Video
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 05:12:18 PM »
Oh grainofsand,  you sweet sweet woman! Thank you so much for reposting this.
 I so loved looking at these precious faces that became so familiar to me all those years ago.  I have seen them so many times that I feel like I know them. Thank you.  I know everyone will enjoy this video.

laurenE

blindsided

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 07:09:13 PM »
When I received an email stating that I had a youtube video, I thought it was some sort of virus and my spyware gave me a hint that it was a virus so I deleted it.  Now I happen to come here which I don't do much and low and behold here is a video that I'm being told has been uploaded to youtube.  While I understand your intent was good and with no malice, did you stop to think that maybe I didn't want my son's face splattered on youtube or frankly even on this site?  Notice, I took his photo down quite some time ago.

I respectively ask that you take his photo out of your montage and in the future if someone wants to use his photo, I'd appreciate being asked first.  Just passing his 9th angel date this isn't what I wanted to see or deal with.  I have my own very personal reasons to keep private and I'd appreciate you respecting my request.

Sincerely,
Jeanne
Philip's mom

brownie

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 08:13:17 AM »
What is it under on you tube? I would realy like to see it myself. My son passed away 21 and a half months ago. I know his beautiful smile is not on it. But I would so like to see the video of everyone elses beautiful childrens faces.
Thank you
Joe's Mom

Jeanie's Mom

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 09:13:41 PM »
Is my daughter  in this video?

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 09:58:36 PM »
What is it under on you tube? I would realy like to see it myself. My son passed away 21 and a half months ago. I know his beautiful smile is not on it. But I would so like to see the video of everyone elses beautiful childrens faces.
Thank you
Joe's Mom

Hi Brownie! So nice to see your handsome Joe again.

Regarding the video: I asked that it be deleted from You Tube as the parent's did not give their permission to have their children's photos (or names) displayed in a public venue.

When I went back to check the link, a message stated that you had to 'log-in' to view the video and when I logged in, another message popped up saying, "sorry, this video is private."

I would prefer that it be deleted as it cannot be sent to anyone unless every parent permits it.

Love,
Terry

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 10:09:39 PM »
Is my daughter  in this video?

Hi Lizzy - I do not know if your precious Jeanie is on the video. I viewed it quickly then asked that it be deleted from You Tube.

Love,
Terry

blindsided

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 04:01:53 PM »
Lizzy,

I do not remember seeing Jeanie in the video... pretty sure she wasn't.

Hope that helps

Jeanne
Philip's mom

brownie

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2012, 06:16:41 PM »
oh...thats to bad..But I do understand. Thank you

Jeanie's Mom

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2012, 10:26:49 PM »
Thank you Terry and Thank you Jeanne. 

Landons Mom Shelly

• nospam
  • We love you Lan-Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2012, 09:57:53 AM »
First I would like to thank "Grainofsand" for all her hard work on this video as I remember it well when it was first posted and it meant alot to see alot of children remembered so beautifully.

That being said, I would like to say that I think a "personal private" message sent to Grainofsand to request it to be removed from Youtube would've been a much better way to handle this, rather than post a public message pretty much humiliating someone who was only trying to brighten our day.  I have not been on this site in quite sometime and will have to say that this is much of the reason why.  The knee-jerk reactions and posts are not necessary and  we ALL have to understand that we all have feelings that are easily hurt.  I understand some of us not wanting their child's picture posted on Youtube but this could've been handled in a much more understanding way.

This site is nothing what is was when I first found it 4 years ago.  For this reason, I will not be back but I wish you all the best.

Shelly
Landon's Mom forever,

Shelly

My Precious Little Landon -- Forever in our Hearts        http://landon-greenan.gonetoosoon.org
August 1, 1995 - June 1, 2007

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2012, 09:19:18 PM »
Hi Shelly - grainofsand has always been very supportive to all here as most have known her for many years and I don't believe that anyone is upset with her. She has a very good heart. We all know that. No one could ever question her motives.

The Internet is a crazy place and it would break my heart if someone got a hold of our children's pictures and/or birth names and turned them into something ugly. We all know that there are predators out there that want nothing more than to hurt someone already in a lot of pain. And, I believe the thought of that happening caused some to feel anxious.

Protecting and honoring the memory of our children has always been my first priority. I certainly do not want anyone to feel unwelcomed here or feel that they cannot post, rather continue to post openly about how they feel. And, if I personally caused anyone to become upset due to briefly explaining why the video was deleted, I would hope that they would share that with me so that I could apologize.

Along with everyone else on this board, grainofsand is loved and cared for as she is a valued member of our webhealing family and I await/look forward to her reply!

Thanks, Shelly for posting how you feel.
Love,
Terry