Author Topic: Pool Party  (Read 3382 times)

Adams Brokenhearted Mama

• View Profile
Pool Party
« on: July 07, 2012, 07:56:40 PM »
I had a pool party at my house today. I wanted to symbolize Adam being there with us so I bought a boquet of sunflowers, my favorite flower since he passed because of the word sun in the sunflower which in my mind reads sonflower. Silly thing, but it makes me feel better.
XO Love to all my sisters & brothers-in-grief XO
Wishing you all peaceful moments, signs from your Angels & many blessings

laurenE

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Pool Party
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 05:52:26 AM »
  I wish your precious son could have been there with you,  but sunflowers are a very cute way to remember and honor him.  Great idea!

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 10:12:38 PM »

I think that was very sweet. Sending you bunches of hugs as you're missing your precious Adam.

((((((((((((Paula))))))))))))

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 10:06:35 AM »
Sunflowers are my favorite flowers, they just symbolize happiness to me.....my husband has a big one tattooed on his stomach with my name around it. 

((((Paula)))))

Hope you enjoyed the party.
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

VickiC

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 02:52:06 PM »
Paula,
I understand your feelings for sunflowers...I love them too and they remind me of my son, Craig.  When we first moved to Overton Beach (part of Lake Mead in Nv) in 1991 there were sunflowers everywhere in the backyard...Craig was only 7 at the time and he commented on how much he loved them...We lived there for 14 years and Craig lived there until 2001 when he went to UNR in Reno....Well he died at 19 in 2003...Bill retired as a NPS Park Ranger in 2005.  There were no sunflowers in the backyard from 1992 till 2005...but on the day we left on Craig's 2nd Angel day (May 3, 2005) there were sunflowers everywhere...It was like they sprang up overnight....It was like Craig was speaking to us...So now when I collect an angel it has a sunflower with it or a boyds bear resin, it has a sunflower with it....it is my main flower...in our backyard now, in Overton, Nv, we have sunflowers growing up along side our fence now....they come up every summer....We love them and think about our son and the happy times he gave us....Everything about the sunflower is symbolic to us and I am glad they make you happy too and remind you of the happiness and sunshine your Adam gave to you....

Sending hope, love and strength,
Vicki C

Adams Brokenhearted Mama

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 08:35:39 PM »
I wish there was a "Like" button as they have on Facebook so that I could check "Like!" on your loving replies.
XO

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 06:28:57 PM »

:)

SarahW

• nospam
  • The moment a child is born,the mother is also born
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 08:28:03 PM »
I had a pool party at my house today. I wanted to symbolize Adam being there with us so I bought a boquet of sunflowers, my favorite flower since he passed because of the word sun in the sunflower which in my mind reads sonflower. Silly thing, but it makes me feel better.

Oh, yes.  I do that kind of thing, too.  I feel better when I have an outward sign of Vincent at an event.  I had a spray of white roses on his casket, so I often use white roses to symbolize him.  But he liked birds a lot; drew them, was interested in them, so I also have some bird figurines for that purpose.

Just today, I went to a restaurant for lunch that Vince would sometimes go too  - the restaurant features red brick walls, and they allow everyone to write in chalk all over the bricks.  I always make sure I put Vince's name on a brick when I am there, so I did that today.
I love thee to the level of every day's Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light. -- Emily Dickinson

You were a gift

Adams Brokenhearted Mama

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2012, 12:33:19 PM »
We do what we have to SarahW to appease our broken hearts and to await the time we are reunited with our angels. XO