Author Topic: 10 years  (Read 4366 times)

AC Mom

• nospam
    • View Profile
10 years
« on: June 16, 2012, 12:45:06 PM »
One would think that after 10 years all those "firsts" would be long gone.   I thought they were, didn't think about what I am about to face tomorrow.  Though I have known for months it was coming.

AC and myself both moved out of Michigan in the mid 90's, vowing to never go back. lol The little town I was raised in  and him too, was one of those you like to see in the rear view mirror. lol

Sinse my sister called and said simply, "its time to go to Michigan", my anxiety has been off the charts.

My brother is in the hospital and in critical condition.  He might survive, but we decided to go now and not put it off anymore. 

Me and my brother have never been close, so I haven't been sure where the anxiety was coming from.  Then it dawned on me, this is the first trip back to Michigan sinse the trip for AC's funeral.  There is no grave there to visit, I had him cremated, but going into town, we will pass by where the funeral home was.  I  understand its gone now.

Sounds stupid I know, but the thought of spending time in the area where I raised AC is something I am not sure is going to be a good one.  There are a lot of memorys, both good and bad in that area.

Shelly suggested me and her could hit the old haunts and exchange stories about AC, maybe thats the thing to do.

Thanks for listening.
Love
Peggy

I am taking my netbook with me, so I should be around, just not as much.

Carol A

• View Profile
Re: 10 years
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 02:13:45 PM »
I understand the small town thing & your loss. You can do it. Thoughts are with you.

SarahW

• nospam
  • The moment a child is born,the mother is also born
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 08:09:21 PM »
One would think that after 10 years all those "firsts" would be long gone.   I thought they were, didn't think about what I am about to face tomorrow.  Though I have known for months it was coming.

AC and myself both moved out of Michigan in the mid 90's, vowing to never go back. lol The little town I was raised in  and him too, was one of those you like to see in the rear view mirror. lol

Sinse my sister called and said simply, "its time to go to Michigan", my anxiety has been off the charts.

My brother is in the hospital and in critical condition.  He might survive, but we decided to go now and not put it off anymore. 

Me and my brother have never been close, so I haven't been sure where the anxiety was coming from.  Then it dawned on me, this is the first trip back to Michigan sinse the trip for AC's funeral.  There is no grave there to visit, I had him cremated, but going into town, we will pass by where the funeral home was.  I  understand its gone now.

Sounds stupid I know, but the thought of spending time in the area where I raised AC is something I am not sure is going to be a good one.  There are a lot of memorys, both good and bad in that area.

Shelly suggested me and her could hit the old haunts and exchange stories about AC, maybe thats the thing to do.

Thanks for listening.
Love
Peggy

I am taking my netbook with me, so I should be around, just not as much.

I like the idea of visiting old haunts and talking about AC.  I always enjoy talking about Vince, even if it brings me to tears sometimes. Take advantage of friends who understand that you WANT to talk about him.

Good luck, Peggy.
I love thee to the level of every day's Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light. -- Emily Dickinson

You were a gift

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 08:35:00 AM »

I don't think it's stupid, at all. We are always faced with memories and we're not always prepared to deal with them - thus your anxiety. I think spending time in familiar places, as Shelly shared might cause you pain but at the same time may bring back some happy memories.

Take the best and (try) to leave the rest. It's never easy regardless of how much time has passed.

You have my heart.

(((((((((((((Peggy))))))))))))

Love,
Terry

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 09:03:52 AM »
(((((((((((Peggy))))))))))))))))
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

MARTHA(CANDI'S AUNT)

• nospam
  • AUNT MARTHA LOVES YOU CANDI
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2012, 05:43:11 PM »
IT'S BEEN 7 YRS.  FOR us.. & it still bother's me... i want CANDI back & i know that's never gonna change...
i'll be saying prayers for you..

MARTHA

AC Mom

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2012, 05:48:19 AM »
Thank you all.  I got back home yesterday.  My brother is on his way to recovery.

The first day I was there, I was standing on the porch smoking, and a monarch butterfly was there with me.  Its uncommon to see them in Michigan, so that was AC telling me things would be okay.  When we left we passed a couple of trucks on the freeway, the name of the truck company was AC Trucking.  I thought that was great! lol

Me and Shelly went out for a day and it was great.

All in all, the trip was much better than I thought it would be.

Love
Peggy

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2012, 01:21:16 PM »

So glad to hear that your brother is on the mend and that your trip was much better than expected. Always good to hear!
Glad you felt AC with you. He made sure you knew he was there with you!

Thanks for letting us know, Peg!

Hugs!
Terry

Barbara

• nospam
  • Forever in my thoughts, Forever in my heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 09:33:41 AM »
So glad to hear that your trip to Mich went well...I find sometimes the anticipation of dates and places are worse than when they get here....And sometimes not...And time seems to be irrelevant...Whoever said time heals all wounds didn't know what they were talking about...Big hugs to you...
We live in Mich and my son was killed in IN. so I understand the anxiety of going back to that place...Coming up on 4 yrs next week....
Hugs to you...May the happy memories fill your thoughts....