Author Topic: Made it through 6 months  (Read 1441 times)

Jean D

• nospam
    • View Profile
Made it through 6 months
« on: June 08, 2012, 10:20:05 PM »
I went to sleep and woke up not looking forward to today. Friday, June 8th...it has been 6 months. I did shed some tears and felt sad for a bit, but I got through my day with help from my friends. They kept me busy and occupied and one got me out for dinner.  It is now 1 in the morning and I don't want to go up to bed, but I know I must. One thing that has gone to pot these last 6 months is my sleep schedule.
My best to all...
Jean

arthur

• nospam
  • ((Maureen))
    • View Profile
Re: Made it through 6 months
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 11:00:49 PM »
hi Jean..no doubt 6 months is a milestone.  The funny thing I found with the anniversary dates is that the date itself isn't as bad as the days leading up to it. It sounds as if you had a fair anniversay date-which is great! Yes sleep is a problem for me too. My wife died suddently and I was the one who found her stricken by a major heart attack..the memories and the pain from that day still cause me alot of insomnia.  I take ambien to try to get some sleep..its a help..but it still doesn't fix the problem.  Needless to say sleep really is a priority for the grieving. I try different tricks...such as praying, getting up out of bed no matter the time if I can't sleep, and other such things. They all help..but the insomnia continues for me. Just wanted you to know you're not alone in your grief and sleeplessness. Take care, arthur

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 02:02:11 PM »

(((((((((Jean)))))))))

Holding you close with love and understanding.

Terry

stampingwidow

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 06:24:04 AM »
Jean six months is quite a milestone.  Today is our 6 months milestone since my husband died.  Yesterday my kids kept me busy which helped.  Not sure what today will bring.

In a hospice grief support group the leader advised us that if we could not sleep to stay in bed and let our body rest.  At first I woke up frequently and I read while trying to relax and go back to sleep.  Now I do not get up as frequently and can usually go back to sleep without reading.  She said laying in bed quietly enabled your body to rest  even if you could not sleep.  I am sure that there are many different ideas concerning this.  We each need to find what works for us.

In someways it feels like my husband has been gone for an eternity and in others it seems impossible that it has been 6  months since he passed.  I am fortunate that my son was able to come and help me with several things and that he is here for this milestone.

You are not alone in having problems sleeping at this point in your grief.  It seems like a common problem.  Thanks for posting.  Ann

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 04:24:19 PM »
(((((Jean))))
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

sonya

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 01:12:48 AM »
(((((Jean)))))
Perhaps they are not the stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy