Author Topic: 6 months today  (Read 4486 times)

angie

• nospam
    • View Profile
6 months today
« on: May 12, 2012, 06:06:33 AM »
It is 6 months today since Davie died.I dont know how i feel today just kind of numb i guess.I miss him being here and i still love him but it doesnt hurt as much anymore.I guess that is a good thing I cant spend the rest of my life broken can i? I know he wouldnt want that for me.I dont wait for him to walk through the front door and i dont feel pain when i come home and he isnt there.I dunno if that is acceptance but it has to b a sign of healing?
Davie was a good guy.He had the cheekiest of smiles n always a naughty twinkle in his eyes.He made me laugh with his stupid jokes and his daft expressions.He never let anything get to him always staying calm while i was freaking out.I trusted him with my life n he never let me down.I wanted  to always  share my life with him .I am so lucky that i had 20 years with him and i must never forget that.
Tonight i am going to have his fave drink whisky n coke n raise a glass to The Big Man in his memory
XXXXXXXX I LOVE YOU DAVIE ALWAYS XXXXXXXX

(((((((((((EVERYONE))))))))))))))

I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart.You have helped me so much thro my darkest days.The place i am now isnt as bad as it used to be and that is purely thanks to you guys XXXXXX
I hope n pray we all find peace and happiness in our lifes

LOVE TO YOU ALL
Huge hugs
Angie

stampingwidow

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: 6 months today
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 06:31:38 AM »
Today you are at an important point in your grieving.  Six months sounds like an important point in this process.  It appears that you are making progress in this long grief journey.  Progress is important!  Look at it and realize that it means there is hope for you to eventually reach a good new normal.   I hope that someone will spend some time with you today and give you love and support.  Hope today you can focus on some good memories and hope that will help you get through this landmark day.  Please keep us posted and let us know about your day.  Remember that the people here understand & care.

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 09:37:58 AM »

((((((((Angie))))))))

Thanks for sharing on this difficult day as you're missing Davie. I'm so happy for you to learn that peace has found you in a way that has you feeling hopeful for the future. Sometimes, healing comes in little pieces. I would have to say that you're in posession of a 'chunk ' of it right now!! :)

Love & Hugs,
Terry

gaberax

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 08:50:07 PM »
(((angie)))   6 months is a milestone.  I hope the coming days continue to bring you peace of mind and spirit.

MyLou

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 03:32:12 PM »
[b]((((((((((((((((((( Angie ))))))))))))))))))))))))

I am so happy you are finding some peace. You will always love and miss your Davie. He will always be with you.

Always

Lisa
[/b]
"Soulmates Forever"

I miss you every second of everyday My Love

I know I will see you again

angie

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2012, 08:30:41 AM »
((((((((((((((everyone))))))))))))))

I made it thro the day.It wasnt as hard as i thought it would be i suppose sometimes knowing something is coming is actually worse than it being here.
Got thro the day with many happy  memories in my head .I am hoping the worst part of this journey is now behind me.Time doesnt heal but it helps.
Thanks for listening
HUGE HUGS
Angie
XXXXX

stampingwidow

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 11:36:50 AM »
Glad that you handled the day better than expected, that is wonderful!  It sounds like you have made great progress.  Your experience gives hope to those of whose 6 month date has not come yet.  Thanks for posting!

arthur

• nospam
  • ((Maureen))
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2012, 09:32:21 PM »
Well you made it Angie! The 6 month mark is a milestone. Isn't it odd that the day itself isn't as bad as the days and months leading up to it? 
I am especially glad to hear from you that you were thinking of the happy times you had with your husband. i think that shows how far you have come. 
As for myself..before Maureen's death I was reknown as a pessimist, a glass half empty guy.  Since her death, a friend remarked to me that she needed to hear
my upbeat words and attitude when she was having a bad day.  Me, Mr.Eeyore, Debbie Downer's little brother, and I was missed for my positive attitude!
Who would've believed it? I guess I had learned from my wife Maureen the benefits of a positive attitude, a value she held dear and that she was known for.
Grieving really changes us.  I hope more good things come your way Angie:) arthur

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 03:57:51 PM »
((((angie))))  I am glad you made it though.  Sounds like you're in a good place.

Arthur ~ I laughed at your Eeyore, lil brother comment, too funny.  ;)
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

sonya

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2012, 05:39:33 AM »
((((((((Angie))))))))))
Perhaps they are not the stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy