Author Topic: Just wanted to share  (Read 3395 times)

oneangel

• View Profile
Just wanted to share
« on: May 07, 2012, 09:29:30 AM »
THE VINES  (Bill Pridham)

Picture if you will, a large forest. Somewhere in the forest there is a small clearing. In the center of the clearing, there are two young vines, side by side, growing together. In time, their branches and tendrils intertwine. Together, they face icy blasts of winter, the welcome of warmth, and they bask in the golden glow of summer.

Then one day, someone comes along and decides that one of the vines would do better in another place. Upon digging it up, he finds that the only way the vines can be separated is to cut them down the middle--thus they are parted.

We have been told that all wounds are healed by time. That remains to be seen. But, we are assured that wherever the vine was taken, a part of the remaining vine went with it, and the remaining vine holds near and dear a part of the vine that was taken away.

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: Just wanted to share
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 09:35:16 AM »

So true.

How have you been doing?

(((((((((Angela)))))))))

sonya

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 09:56:42 AM »
(((((((Angela))))))))))

So true and great imagery

Son xxx
Perhaps they are not the stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 09:59:21 AM »
(((angela))))
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

jasonkl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 08:00:14 PM »
Thank you for sharing that .

Jason

oneangel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 09:31:30 PM »
Thanks!
Terry: The past few weeks haven't been the greatest. My older two children have been having some behaviour issues at home. They are fantastic at school and at their friends' homes, but have been pushing the limits and my buttons to the maximum. I have lost my temper a few times and regret it each time. I have been really missing my husband's presence a lot lately. I hate the fact that I am the only disciplinarian in the home.
I am also trying to declutter our home. We just keep accumulating and not getting rid of anything. I used to have such a neat and tidy home, but definitely lived in. Now it is just clutter. I feel better everytime I get rid of a bag of 'stuff'. I am hoping that this will also help the kids feel 'lighter' too. We are way too bombarded right now. I am thinking about having a yard sale with the toys we are getting rid of and using the money to get one bigger thing for the family, something I would otherwise not be able to afford. We'll see!
Anyway, having a bit of an emotional night tonight but really should get some sleep as I start work in 6 hours.
Nice to be chatting. I have been reading posts though regularly, just no willingness to respond lately, sorry:(

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 08:53:34 AM »

The fact that your kids are only venting at home is really a very positive sign. They need a safe place to get their anger and frustrations out, not unlike us adults. If their behaviors were bad everywhere, I'd say you would have your hands full, but it's not.

I know it's not easy and you can only be "Mom" and not Mom and Dad. I was my son's only authority figure. But, I couldn't be Mom and Dad although I was a strong Mom. I think you are a strong Mom, Angela and doing a great job. Remember, kids are always going to push our buttons and they know which ones to push to get the desired reaction. I know how hard it is but if you walk away when they start in on you, next time it will get easier.

Sounds like a plan with the house. You're doing the best you can and so what if your house isn't Martha Stewart Living....you're moving at your own pace, which you should be.

Keep us updated. I always think of you.

Hugs to your kids, too~!

(((((((((Angela & family)))))))))

Love,
Terry

oneangel

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 10:20:48 AM »
Thanks Terry!
I know I feel better after I share, but I find it difficult to do when I'm right in midst of it all. I've been getting quite a few headaches too with the stress but am trying to deal with everything.

Thanks for listening!