Author Topic: How To Post Pictures  (Read 10903 times)

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
How To Post Pictures
« on: May 02, 2012, 08:54:21 AM »
HOW TO ADD A PICTURE

How to apply pictures that automatically appear as your signature on each post:

On the toolbar click on  tab   to open your profile.
Click on the Forum Profile Information that is located on the left off your profile.
You will find the area to post your URL here on the bottom under Signature.
You need to upload your picture to a hosting site first, like www.photobucket.com
Pictures saved on your computer will not work here.

Getting Photo’s to post off Photobucket:
•   First, go to www.photobucket.com and sign up for an account (it’s free).
•   Pick where your photo is FROM on the far right. (Choose: my computer)
•   Click on UPLOAD or Choose Files button and your files will appear.
•   Find your picture click on it then click ‘Open’.
•   You will see your photo now on photobucket page.
•   Double click on the photo and the codes will appear.  Copy the URL that is the IMG code.
•   You need to now go back to your profile    then to Forum Profile Information.
•   At the bottom where it says Signature:  paste the IMG code there.  You can still paste the URL in the box even if you have a poem or saying in there.
•   Click on the Change profile button.
•   You should now have a picture at the bottom of your post.
•   The picture should appear on the bottom of your signature area when you open your profile    now.

Getting Photo’s to post off of the internet:

Go to the website where the picture is.
Right click on the picture and choose ‘properties’.
A pop up will appear and copy the Location address.
•   You need to now go back to your profile    then to Forum Profile Information.
•   At the bottom where it says Signature:  paste the URL there.  You can still paste the URL in the box even if you have a poem or saying in there.
•   Add the bbCode around the address which is
Code:
at the end)
Should look similar to:
Code:

•   Click on the Change profile button.
•   You should now have a picture at the bottom of your post.
•   The picture should appear on the bottom of your signature area when you open your profile   now.

How to apply pictures only once on a specific post from my personal saved files as a signature:
You do not need a URL for this one time post.  You may access your pictures out of your personal photo’s saved in your computer.
After you write your post, before you send it, go to the bottom left and look for Additional Options.
Click on that and you will see Attach.  On the right is the Browse button,  and go to your file.  
Click on your picture that is in your file in that ‘Upload box’ pop up.
Click on ‘Open’ and you will now see the passage way typed in that area.
Now hit SAVE and your picture should be there.
The picture will appear in the signature area where one can click on the .jpg link to view it.

How to apply pictures only once on a specific post in the body of my post:
You will need an URL for this type of picture.
When you have opened a window to post, you may insert a picture anywhere within your message.  When you are ready to insert your picture:
Click on 2nd window on the tool bar just above the ‘similes’ (It looks like a picture in a white frame).  You will then see this appear:  
Code:

You paste your URL in the center of it to look similar to:  
Code:

Once you are done with the post, click on PREVIEW before sending to make sure your code does not have spaces in address.  If your picture appears, it is ok to send

How to apply a picture in an email to another member:
You will need an URL for this type of picture.
When you have the New Message window open, you may insert a picture anywhere within your message.  When you are ready to insert your picture:
Click on 2nd window on the tool bar just above the ‘similes’ (It looks like a picture in a white frame).  You will then see this appear  
Code:

You paste your URL in the center of it should look similar to:
Code:

Once you are done with the email, click on PREVIEW before sending to make sure your code does not have spaces in address.  If your picture appears, it is ok to send.

How to apply a picture under your Username:
You will need to enter your profile  under Forum Profile Information you have Personalized Picture.
Click on I have my own: and add your URL.
Click on Change profile button on bottom.

FAQ regarding Photo Posting:

Q. What is a URL?
A.  It is the actual web address for the photo.  It looks like http://www.yoururl.com/mypicture.jpg
It starts with the http:// and ends with a .jpg when it is a picture.

Q. How do I copy the URL off of the website?
A. Go to the website where the picture is.
Right click on the picture and choose ‘properties’.
A pop up will appear and copy the Location address.

Q. I finally got the pictures to post but every time I do they are GIGANTIC.  How do I make them smaller?
A.  They need to be resized using a photo editing software program prior to posting.

Q.  Can I have more than one picture in the signature area?
A.  Yes.  Try to post the pictures that are resized smaller and keep the larger one for your personal file.

Q.  I changed the photo in my signature area and the picture now doesn't show up in the signature box anymore, just a link.  What did I do wrong?
A.  Make sure your link that you pasted in has the whole web address. Use the codes examples shown earlier.

Q.  I have problems with trying to attach a picture with my replies. Most of the time the message I get is that my file is too large (even though it is less than the stated 128kb), Often I get the message "your upload folder is full, contact administrator." Would you be able to help me with this? I don't know what I'm doing wrong?
A.  Just send Tom and email, he will be able to look into if it is a software glitch.

Q.  I pasted the URL but still don't see a picture.  What is wrong?
A.  Make sure it is posted in the Signature area not the web URL area.  See if you have the
Code:

around your address with no spaces in the whole address.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 08:56:19 AM by Terry »

sonya

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: How To Post Pictures
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 05:36:24 AM »
Hi Terry,

I need a bit of help please. I did as outlined below but when I click on Additional options I do not get an Attach option? Can you please advise?

Thanks,

Son xxx

How to apply pictures only once on a specific post from my personal saved files as a signature:
You do not need a URL for this one time post.  You may access your pictures out of your personal photo’s saved in your computer.
After you write your post, before you send it, go to the bottom left and look for Additional Options.
Click on that and you will see Attach.
Perhaps they are not the stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy

sonya

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 06:19:53 AM »
MMmmm seem to have issues with sizing too!
I know you advised to resize using software prior to posting but need a bit more detail to know what to do please! You can tell I am not great with IT!

Thanks xxx
Perhaps they are not the stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 09:14:42 AM »

Sonya,

Open a free account in Photobucket. Upload your pictures (from your computer or camera) by clicking the green Upload button. Once uploaded, you can resize your pictures, crop and almost anything else you need to do. There are three options that you can choose from next to each picture, once they are uploaded: HTML thumb, IMG code, IMG thumb. For this picture 'Tonyjuggling' I chose IMG code. There was no need to resize using this code.

Once in there, you can play around with the options.

To post the picture above, mouse over the option on Photobucket next to the picture, click on it (as it will be automatically copied) or you can right click and hit copy, either way. Come to your post and just right click and hit paste. That's it!

Nice picture of Tony!

Terry

sonya

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 03:07:01 PM »
Hi Lovely.

Apparently my signature photo is still huge. Please advise! ( In really clear and basic steps. I uploaded it from photobucket!)

Thanks,

Son x
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 03:40:09 PM by sonya »