Author Topic: Bittersweet.............  (Read 2850 times)

roseygirl61

• nospam
    • View Profile
Bittersweet.............
« on: April 27, 2012, 12:30:52 PM »
As I watch my son, Matt getting ready for his Jr. Prom, the smiles turn to tears and back to smiles.
Can't help it, he's growing into such a fine young man and even after all he has been through this passed year, the loss of his Dad and Cousin he truly is remarkable.
Yet I can't help feeling sad that Bill is not here to see what a wonderful young man he is becoming.
I guess this is just one of many events in life that I will feel this...........

Rose

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Bittersweet.............
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 12:33:28 PM »
(((Rose))))

I am sure Bill can see what a wonderful young man is becoming....you're doing a great job.  I hope Matt has fun at the Prom! 
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

sonya

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 12:49:13 PM »
(((Rose))))

Hope you both enjoy this special time and I truly believe his Dad is proudly watching by your side.

Son xxx
Perhaps they are not the stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy

Doug1222

• nospam
  • Keep on keeping on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 01:49:08 PM »
I agree with Pam and Sonya, Rose. Bill is watching and I wouldn't doubt helping Matt grow into the man he is becoming.

I have absolutely no doubt that our loved ones stay with us, and the more we accept and let them help, the more they will.

I do know what you're talking about, though. When I got married, my brother would've been standing next to me, but I lost him three years before. My best friend was there instead. It was very bittersweet. My college graduation that my brother missed. My wife's college graduation that my dad missed. A lot of things since then have felt that way. Even if it is a little bitter, I've come to accept the sweet.

They're still with us.

I hope Matt has a good time at prom and that you both get to enjoy it even if it is a bittersweet moment.
(((((((Rose)))))))))

Doug
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 03:54:48 PM by browneyedgirl »

jasonkl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 03:56:37 PM »
Rose
Every milestone reached, every accomplishment made can be bittersweet. I have been told that someday those moments that go for smiles to tears to smiles again will change. That they will change to smiles and then another smile knowing that the missing parent would be so proud too.
I hope that I can find that place soon for I am so tired of crying when I should be just proud.

Jason

roseygirl61

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 07:55:18 PM »
Thank you!
He had a great time and there was a little party at his girlfriends house after the prom that the parents were invited to as well.  It was wonderful for me to see him smiling and laughing with his friends again.
I think he is finally finding some calm and peace, that makes me happy.

Rose

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 09:40:27 AM »
Glad to hear it went well and of the smiles, laughter, and YOUR happiness ;)
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven