Author Topic: Reintroducing Ourselves  (Read 5680 times)

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
Reintroducing Ourselves
« on: March 19, 2012, 03:43:12 PM »
With a lot of new members, we at  Webhealing thought it would be nice if we would reintroduce ourselves and let others know why we're here and  how we've been doing regarding our losses, and anything at all that we're comfortable sharing.

My name is Pam and I "orginated" on the Sibling Loss Board. 

I lost my older brother, Tony, on March 29, 2009.  He died of an accidental pill overdose.  He leaves behind an 8 year old son (at the time), that my mother is rasing now, as my nephew's mother passed away 1.5 years prior to my brother.

My life has changed a lot, but I guess that also happens with time.  I continue to be confused with my feelings that have come to the surface when Tony died.  Webhealing has helped me know that I am not alone, and I am not crazy.....

Love to all.

Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

helene

• nospam
  • My Dad
    • View Profile
Re: Reintroducing Ourselves
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 06:47:52 AM »
Hi. My name is Helene and my older sister Lesley died on July 14, 2010 of a seizure alone in a bathroom of a rooming house. She had a lot of problems, as do I, because we are from a very disturbed & broken family. I also lost my Dad at age 46 to cancer over 30 years ago but have never recovered from that loss either. My Dad and Lesley are the two people I loved most in life besides my husband Barry. I have been married to Barry for a little over twenty years now. We never had children, being too 'broken'  ourselves to be parents. I have posted many times here on Webhealing - (too many times I often think and I'm the 'crazy poet' too). I don't know what I would do without everyone here at Webhealing. You are my family. I have a few close people I correspond with but, besides my husband I don't have anyone - not one person in my town I can really talk to. (We have 'couple friends' but we keep it 'light' with them.)

Anyhow, I'll stop here. I've got posts all over the place if you want to know more about me.

I look forward to meeting YOU and sharing.

With love from Helene.

Helene & Lesley

Doug1222

• nospam
  • Keep on keeping on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 08:28:17 AM »
Hi, everybody. I'm Doug. I came to webhealing a few months ago because I thought I was having a mid-life crisis. After a lot of reflection, I figured out that it was delayed grief. I lost my little brother in 1995 and my dad in 2000 in very similar auto accidents. Last year, it finally started impacting me to the point that I couldn't eat or sleep for days at a time.

Since I've come here, I feel much better about everything. It's helped a lot just to share with other people who understand.

Doug

Gail08

• nospam
  • Where Jolene flew into the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 01:53:05 PM »
Hello, my name is Gail.  I came to Webhealing after losing my sister Jolene.  I did a lot of searching for some support before I was able to find this place.  Webhealing  had been a TREMENDOUS help to me.  I have met so many great people here and I have found the support that I so desperately needed.  This is a place I can come and talk about my dear sister as much as I need or want and I know that no body with judge or say I need to just get over it.  Everyone here understands and I really appreciate that.
G                                  Sisters 2 the end
  A                                Friends 2 the end
     I                   _________________________
 J O L E N E              In my heart 4 ever

deebee

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 12:13:19 PM »
Hello everyone --
My name is Zandra, and I found webhealing soon after my brother David's death in a horrible car wreck on March 5, 2010.  David led a troubled life and in the end, he "chose" death over going to prison/jail.  He was only 44 years old.   Part of his troubles stemmed from the loss of my mother when he was a teenager -- she died 26 years ago at the age of 45 in a home accident -- both way too young not to be on this earth living.
I have found "talking" on this website and voicing my feelings and hurt to be a huge help to me.  Sometimes talking about David still brings me to tears after two years now.  I dont think I'll ever get over his death, too tragic.

Besides losing my baby brother, and my mom 26 years ago,  I've also lost my dad 4 years ago to cancer, and most recently my step-brother --  these two not unexpected.  I think I've dealt with these losses, and dont feel the pain as much as I do w/ David.

Thank you all here at webhealing for always understanding, always listening.   Love to all,  deebee

ScottW

• nospam
  • This is a picture of my sister, Jori
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 01:37:19 PM »
Hello all.  My name is Scott.  I lost my sister, Jori, in November 2008 due to an accidental drug overdose / combination.  I spent a couple years on this website and it helped me immensely.  Jori's ex-husband died about 17 months after Jori and my parents have been raising my nephews since (they are now 12 and 14).  My life will never be the same.  Some days are still bad but I treasure the relationships that I made on this site and the help it gave me to get through 'the crisis'.

Best,
Scott

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2012, 03:06:23 PM »
Hello all.  My name is Scott.  I lost my sister, Jori, in November 2008 due to an accidental drug overdose / combination.  I spent a couple years on this website and it helped me immensely.  Jori's ex-husband died about 17 months after Jori and my parents have been raising my nephews since (they are now 12 and 14).  My life will never be the same.  Some days are still bad but I treasure the relationships that I made on this site and the help it gave me to get through 'the crisis'.

Best,
Scott

Scott!  I am so glad to see you post.  I believe we came here around the same time, and Jori and my brother's stories were similiar.  Thanks for posting.  It's good to see you.

mary strain

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2012, 10:48:35 AM »
Hi my name is Mary.  I lost my brother Mark 3 years ago on March 8th.  I miss him dearly.  He was 9 years younger than I was.  He was sober for 22 years and I was very proud of him.  He died of cancer.  Long hard struggle.  I come here because people have many ways to help me find my  spirit and soul back.  It is a place I can share my feelings and tears and joys.

Love Mary

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2012, 11:15:09 AM »

((((((((Mary))))))))

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2012, 12:41:01 PM »
Hi my name is Mary.  I lost my brother Mark 3 years ago on March 8th.  I miss him dearly.  He was 9 years younger than I was.  He was sober for 22 years and I was very proud of him.  He died of cancer.  Long hard struggle.  I come here because people have many ways to help me find my  spirit and soul back.  It is a place I can share my feelings and tears and joys.

Love Mary

Mary - good to see you post.  You and I, too, like Scott, came to Webhealing around the same time.  I am glad you find the Board helpful on your journey.