Author Topic: Reintroducing Ourselves  (Read 9833 times)

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
Reintroducing Ourselves
« on: March 19, 2012, 03:40:49 PM »
With a lot of new members, we at  Webhealing thought it would be nice if we would reintroduce ourselves and let others know why we're here and  how we've been doing regarding our losses, and anything at all that we're comfortable sharing.

My name is Pam and I "orginated" on the Sibling Loss Board. 

I lost my older brother, Tony, on March 29, 2009.  He died of an accidental pill overdose.  He leaves behind an 8 year old son (at the time), that my mother is rasing now, as my nephew's mother passed away 1.5 years prior to my brother.

My life has changed a lot, but I guess that also happens with time.  I continue to be confused with my feelings that have come to the surface when Tony died.  Webhealing has helped me know that I am not alone, and I am not crazy.....

Love to all.

Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

Gail08

• nospam
  • Where Jolene flew into the wind
    • View Profile
Re: Reintroducing Ourselves
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 02:01:31 PM »
Hello,
My name is Gail and I "originated" on the sibling board with the loss of my sister.  I later went on the main board with the loss of 2 friends and an uncle.

I still have a lot to work through in the loss of my sister.  And with my uncle being gone 2 months Friday and one of my friends 1 month yesteday I am still raw with the pain of those two losses.  Webhealing has been a tremendous help to me.

((((HUGS)))) and prayers to all.

Gail
G                                  Sisters 2 the end
  A                                Friends 2 the end
     I                   _________________________
 J O L E N E              In my heart 4 ever

swgirl094

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 02:00:07 PM »
Hi everybody, I haven't been on in a while and kind of just pop in here and there.  My name's Jess and I'm 23.  I found this place after I lost my mom in Jan 2011.  She died of neuroendocrine carcinoma, and died about a month and a half after she was diagnosed.  She was totally fine before (at least that's what we all thought).

About 14 1/2 months later I'm still going, one day at a time.  I've had my extreme lows, had some traumatic events since then, but I am doing better.  I even just got engaged over the weekend!  Things seem to be looking up the past month or so, so I just keep chugging along.  That's the best advice I can give to anybody - just keep going.

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 02:11:19 PM »
Hi everybody, I haven't been on in a while and kind of just pop in here and there.  My name's Jess and I'm 23.  I found this place after I lost my mom in Jan 2011.  She died of neuroendocrine carcinoma, and died about a month and a half after she was diagnosed.  She was totally fine before (at least that's what we all thought).

About 14 1/2 months later I'm still going, one day at a time.  I've had my extreme lows, had some traumatic events since then, but I am doing better.  I even just got engaged over the weekend!  Things seem to be looking up the past month or so, so I just keep chugging along.  That's the best advice I can give to anybody - just keep going.

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

Doug1222

• nospam
  • Keep on keeping on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 11:54:48 AM »
I even just got engaged over the weekend!

Wow! I totally missed this. Congratulations, swgirl! That's great advice you gave, too. Just keep going. That's something I learned in the Infantry. Never quit. It's the secret to life...or is that 42?

(Sorry a Douglas Adams joke there. ha ha)

Hi, everybody. I neglected to re-introduce myself on this board. I found this place around December of last year because I thought I was having a mid-life crisis. After a lot of soul searching and examining my life, I figured out that it was delayed grief. I lost my little brother, Stevie, in 1995 and my dad in 2000. Both were in sudden, very similar traffic accidents. I think what I thought was a mid-life crisis was probably just finally getting beyond the shock. I put a band aid over the hole inside of me for so long that I nearly forgot it was there. Last year, the band aid came off.

I've learned a lot here and I'm still working through my grief the best way I can. I posted a lot at the beginning, but I'm feeling better now. I still read here every day and comment if I have something to say. Everybody here has been wonderful, and it's helped me a lot being here.

I'm feeling much more whole now. I think I'm beginning to heal.

Doug

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 01:23:26 PM »

Hi Jess,

Thanks so much for the update. I, like Doug totally missed this. Don't know how but am so sorry this response is so late.

Congratulations on your wonderful news of getting engaged! I am so happy for you. I wish you a lifetime of love and tender moments.

That is wonderful advice! You have worked hard since first coming here, as we went up and down the road together with the pain, sadness, fear, uncertainty and you are now feeling the results of that work. It doesn't come easy. Everything worthwhile is very hard work. And, you are worth feeling so much peace and to have good things happen in your life.

Please keep us updated and know I hold you close with thoughts of your precious Mom, always.

(((((((((Jess))))))))

Love & Hugs,
Terry

swgirl094

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2012, 05:25:24 AM »
Just popped in and saw these posts, sorry it has been a while since I've been on.  Just wanted to say thank you all for your kind words :)  It means so much to me. 

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2012, 01:23:52 PM »
Hi Jess,

Good to hear back from you and please keep us updated on your upcoming marriage! Again, I'm SO happy for you!!!

Thoughts of your Mom, always.

Love,
Terry

Missmysister

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2012, 08:22:34 AM »
My name is Michele.  I am a 6.5 year breast cancer survivor.  My youngest sister Kathy was also diagnosed with breast cancer the first time in July 2010.  She passed away on April 7/12 after being rediagnosed with Stage 4 that had spread to her bones.  Her kidneys shut down. 

Kathy was 44....way too young to die.  We are a large family  4 girls with Kathy and 1 brother.  Kathy was the sweetest, most unselfish person that saw the best in everyone.  Her and I shared a special bond and I am so lost without her.  I hope that I helped make her breast cancer journey easier having been through it myself in 2005.  I tried to calm her fears, give her hope.  We were all so devasted when her breast cancer came back in March of this year.  It had spread to her bones -back, shoulder and both ribs.  She suffered horrific pain in the last month of her life but died peacefully.  I always thought that maybe we had another few years with her after the stage 4 diagnosis ---not a month!

I miss my sister, her smile, her hugs, her beautiful "pea green eyes" and most of all hearing her voice.  I fell guilty that I am still her after having been through the same disease and she only had 1.5 years after her first diagnosis.

To make matters harder my Dad who is 71 (will be 72 in July) has been given about 6 months to live.  He has pancreatic cancer that has spread to his liver.

I cant make sense of why everything has happened at once and dont know how I am still functioning right now.  I have moments where I just break down and cry and then days were I am doing okay.  I have been told by a bereavement counsellor who I just started talking to yesterday to just let it flow and go with it otherwise if I bottle it up I will never get over the grief.  She seems to be very good.  I spoke to her on the phone yesterday(she is part of hospice services that we got my father enrolled in).  I meet with her in person on May 28. 

It is hard everyday coming to grips with my sister's death and then having to watch my dad suffer......

Michele

Doug1222

• nospam
  • Keep on keeping on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2012, 08:35:32 AM »
Hi, Michele. First of all, I'm very sorry for the loss of your sister and your illness and your dad's illness. That's a whole lot to deal with. Your sister is very recent, and I'm glad you found this place so soon.

This is one place where you can be yourself. Whatever's going on, somebody here will listen. It's been a blessing for all of us. This is one of the most caring, genuine groups of people I've ever met.

I lost my little brother in 1995 and my dad in 2000...both in very similar, sudden traffic accidents. I just started really dealing with it this year. You're right. Don't bottle it up. It only gets worse. Talking about it all as much as you need to seems to help me. Just get it out as it's happening. People here will listen.

I'm glad you found us.
((((((((((Michele))))))))))

Doug

helene

• nospam
  • My Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2012, 08:56:11 AM »
Hi Michele. I too am very sorry for the loss of your sister and now your Dad's illness and all the illness that you are going through! I agree that Kathy was way too young to die at age 44. My Dad died of cancer at age 46 and he had so many good things going for him in his life. Thank you for telling us about your sister Kathy. She truly sounds like she was a wonderful person. I am glad you are seeing a bereavement counsellor. And I'm glad you found us here at Webhealing!

My name is Helene and I lost my Dad many years ago but the hurt never goes away from his loss. I suppose part of me is so used to having that hurt with me that I cannot remember what I was like before he died. My older sister Lesley died suddenly from a seizure nearly two years ago now.

I aggree with Doug: don't bottle up your emotions. Let them out whatever way they can get out. I am a writer so I wrote an entire volumen of poetry about my sister Lesley and keep writing about her in other ways too.

Post whenever you fel you can. I will be one of many here at Webhealing who will be here for you.

With caring throughts,

(((((((((((Michele))))))))))))

Helene.

Helene & Lesley

MommysPreciousAngel

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2012, 05:13:38 AM »
Hi.  My name is Tammy and started writing on this site in October 2008 after my mom died.  I pop in and out randomly every few months. 

I found alot of support and warmth from people on this site and it went a long way towards helping me approach those first tentative steps towards healing.

I remain ever grateful to Tom for this brilliant site and for those like Terry and Lauren and Georgia that write so diligently and often.   

Regards,
Tammy
Life is not about the amount of breaths we take, but the moments take our breath away.

georgiapeaches

• For mom, dad, Johnny & rock you left to soon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2012, 04:16:55 PM »
I havent been on for awhile but it warms my heart to know that I was able to help,  best wishes to you
MOM                        JOHNNY

MommysPreciousAngel

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2012, 09:52:37 AM »
Georgia, even four years later I remember the warmth of your support.  It meant such a lot and I hope that all the hurting people that find their way here find their own Georgia!
xx
Life is not about the amount of breaths we take, but the moments take our breath away.

SparkyDMFD

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2012, 08:44:47 PM »
Hi!  My name is Pam...I haven't been here often but I truly value this site.  I lost my husband of 36+ years to cancer on 4/6/12 (Good Friday) to cander.  I'm still making my way thought the process of grief but I am grateful to this website. 

~Pam~