Author Topic: Was just wondering  (Read 13008 times)

joearmitage

• nospam
    • View Profile
Was just wondering
« on: March 10, 2012, 11:50:15 AM »
Was just wondering if anybody here has ever consulted a medium? I have been toying with the idea, and found a business card in Elaine's handbag from her friend, who is a medium. I am forever looking for signs from Elaine, and trying to dream about her. I believe I have had a couple of signs, but want more.

Love
Joe
x
And can it be that in a world so full and busy the loss of one creature makes a void so wide and deep that nothing but the width and depth of eternity can fill it up

oneangel

• View Profile
Re: Was just wondering
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 01:51:37 PM »
I haven't but would love to. I ask around to friends and family if they know of anyone they would 'trust' to be a good medium. Still looking!
I love watching the show: Long Island Medium on TLC. I feel signs from my husband too. Let me know how it works nout if you do go see one. I did have a friend see a guy and she said she felt she was on a date with her husband again. But unfortunately he is too far for me to go see him.

sevenofwands

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 03:16:48 PM »
Hello Joe, and Angel:

I wouldn't advise it, truly.  I can understand the need to want to "communicate" with the loved one who has gone.   We miss them so much.  But they live in our memory, and in our thoughts.

This same topic has been brought up before on this forum, I seem to remember. 

There are, unfortunately, a lot of scammers out there, and the grieving are an easy target.   The "mediums" know all too well how to tell you what you want to hear.  And take your money.
Believe me.

So take care. 
Every good wish
Seven

angie

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 03:41:22 PM »
((((((((((((((JOE)))))))))))))))))

((((((((((((((ONEANGEL)))))))))))))

((((((((((((((SEVENOFWANDS))))))))))))

I have been considering trying a medium since Davie died.probably from a desperate desire to talk to him again rather than a believe in the spirit world.However have to agre with Seven there are a lot of fakes out there who will happily exploit your grief for their own profit.Please be careful and choose wisely.If you do find a reputable medium let us know how it all goes.
I have had dreams of Davie.They are infrequent but lovely.I have also had signs that he is here.Maybe i am imagining it but at the moment i like to think the signs are Davie letting me no he is still here.

HUGE HUGS
Love
Angie
XXXXXX

MyLou

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 04:23:26 PM »
Joe,

I had gone to see George Anderson. He is in New York, not sure where you are from.  I never thought I would go to one. My friend told me about his book.  We Don't Die.  I am not a reader.  I couldn't put his book down and couldnt wait to read more when I got home.  I bought all 4 of his books. I think I was on George's 2nd book. That is when I decided I needed to see George.

Even though I was getting signs from Lou I needed to go to make sure he was OK. Lou had his doubts of the afterlife. My reading was AMAZING.  It ran over an hour and you can tape it.  I was scared what if he didn't come through.  My grandparents and Godmother came thru first and there was a guy in the background George said.  My family was showing Lou how to reach out.  It was amazing !!!! Of course I cried and laughed because Lou said some things that were funny it was def MY LOU. 

I suggest you do a lot of research before going to one.  There are fakes out there.

Here is George's website.  www.georgeanderson.com.

I also suggest pick up his books.

((((((((((((((((( HUGS TO ALL )))))))))))))))))))))

Always,

Lisa
"Soulmates Forever"

I miss you every second of everyday My Love

I know I will see you again

MyLou

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 04:27:15 PM »
PS. I forgot to tell you , George doesn't ask you any questions. When you make an appointment you can use a fake name.

Love,

Lisa
[/i]
"Soulmates Forever"

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 09:20:29 PM »
Was just wondering if anybody here has ever consulted a medium? I have been toying with the idea, and found a business card in Elaine's handbag from her friend, who is a medium. I am forever looking for signs from Elaine, and trying to dream about her. I believe I have had a couple of signs, but want more.

Hi Joe,

That's interesting that Elaine's friend is a medium/psychic or may have a gift. I love talking with friends of my loved ones that died, as I end up hearing a thing or two that I didn't know about them. I'm sure we've all experienced that.

Do let us know how your visit goes.

Thinking of you and your precious Elaine,

((((((((Joe))))))))

Love,
Terry

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2012, 09:22:17 PM »

(((((((Kevin))))))))

Look forward to hearing all about your visit! Thanks for sharing this with us!

Love,
Terry

gaberax

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2012, 09:55:37 PM »
I say you walk into the medium's shop and say "What's my name?"   If they can't tell you, they're not much of a medium.  Walk out.

Seriously, find some quiet time at home, in a dark room, talk to your loved one, out loud.  Burn a candle to remind your of the fire of their spirit.  Relax your mind.  See if you get impressions in your mind's eye.  Imagine them answering your questions. Start with "Yes" and "No" questions.  See if it goes anywhere from there.  Give it some time.  If nothing happens, then you haven't lost money or dignity but just spent some time thinking about your loved one.  On the other hand...who knows where it might lead?

Good luck no matter what way you decide to move on this matter.

Bob

Zylen

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2012, 10:26:56 PM »
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 07:16:53 AM by Zylen »

angie

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2012, 02:52:16 AM »
Thankyou Kevin n Lisa for the info on George Anderson xxxxxxx Will definitely check out his books.Hoping your reading in May goes well.
The mediums name has struck an eerie chord with me as i remember the funeral director i contacted his name was George Anderson.Gave me a shiver lol
Thankyou for sharing
Huge hugs to all
Love
Angie

MyLou

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2012, 03:39:36 AM »
((((((((((((((((((( ANGIE ))))))))))))))))))))))

You are so welcome sweetie, and WOW. I would take that as a sign.  Let us know if you get any of George's books and what you think.

Angie, it is your Davie giving you signs don't 2nd guess it.

I had my reading 5 mths after Lou passed.  Two days before I was going to New York I was in the kitchen washing dishes.  It felt like someone was behind me such a strong presence. I know someone didn't walk in physically in the kitchen.  I finally turned around. By our microwave cart I seen the bottom of Lou's lounging pants, and slippers (his legs).  When I looked up to see the rest of him he was gone.  I said I know I just seen Lou kept looking back and forth. Thought maybe I was imagining but really knew I saw him but not his face. In my reading Lou confirmed it was him that I saw. George said it's called an apparition occurrence. He said just because you didn't see his face you knew it was him, whether it was his hands, toes, legs etc.  He explained the veil can park for a moment and you can see them. Lou also said she must feel me around her without realizing and she starts to talk to me. That's a sign.  I've gotten a lot of other signs from Lou.  Oh I miss him so much :tearyeyed:

Know anytime you talk to your loved ones that is a sign.     

Love,

Lisa
[/color[/
b]
]
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 04:13:31 AM by MyLou »
"Soulmates Forever"

sevenofwands

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2012, 06:15:04 AM »
Hello to all:

I do have to agree with Bob.  I don't think he said anything out of line.
And at the same time I do, do, understand the longing you all have to know something about your loved one and to hear them one more time maybe.
The grieving mind yearns for contact, and that is so understandable. 

When my sister-in-law died, eleven years ago, (and as I have no sisters, she became my sister when she married my brother, and we were very close friends), I would find myself turning around expecting to see her coming in the door of the room.  I could "see" her to all intents and purposes, and even seem to hear that voice.  The sensation was strong but I knew it was my longing to see her one more time, to sit and have a coffee together, and see her smile. 
If I felt like that imagine how my brother and his three then teenage children felt, and her mother......!

But we all had to let her go, as I have had to let my parents go too.  It would not have crossed my mind to consult a medium.   I do light a candle in their memory, and sit quietly when I can, and remember....
That is just me, and in no way implies a judgment of those who feel that seeing a medium is what they must do.

I actually know someone, a man, who practises as a medium.  He and his partner were stone broke, and now he has a fine house in a very attractive part of the world, lots of money, and I know his readings are exorbitantly priced, because I have seen the prices on his site.
But, obviously, he is kept busy and people visit him.

Best to everyne
Seven

joearmitage

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2012, 10:21:05 AM »
((((((((((Everyone))))))))))

Thank you so much for your input, it has certainly given me food for thought.
I think I will definitely, in the not too distant future, consult with Elaine's friend. I've got nothing to lose, but plenty to gain. I know coincidences happen, but for me to find that card in Elaine's handbag, I'm clutching at a straw and putting it down as a sign.
I won't be able to consult with George Anderson in the near future, as I live in England, but I will certainly check his books and website out pronto.

Love
Joe
x
And can it be that in a world so full and busy the loss of one creature makes a void so wide and deep that nothing but the width and depth of eternity can fill it up

angie

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2012, 01:18:12 PM »
(((((((((((((((((JOE)))))))))))))))))))

I am in Scotland so it is a bit of a way to go for a reading.Im gonna find out about George Anderson though Maybe we could send photos to him and he could maybe "read" from them.I will look into this and let you know
HUGE HUGS
Love
Angie
XXXXX