Author Topic: 2 steps back  (Read 1119 times)

arthur

• nospam
  • ((Maureen))
    • View Profile
2 steps back
« on: February 21, 2012, 09:52:12 PM »
Well I guess it was inevitable...the grief has really hit me hard the last few days. Lots of bitter loneliness and painful memories.  I went and quit my griefshare group...I wasn't getting anything out of it anymore. I found myself continually giving support instead of receiving it. I though I'd be ok...and now the last 4 days have been difficult. I know I don't post on here as often as I should..my therapist thought I should start to get away from grief support groups and try to start rejoining the community instead of being penned up in my house with my grief as I have been. Well when I try..this happens.  I guess I wasn't as healed as I thought I was. I can certainly relate to Sonya's post "trying positivity".  I am now carrying my wife's wedding ring around in my pocket in a little plastic bag to remind me of her. I do feel she is giving me strength to overcome the emotional challenges I daily face. God I miss her so much. Thanks for listening. arthur

jasonkl

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: 2 steps back
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 10:20:54 PM »
Arthur
My friend I am reallly beginning to think we are all conected. When one of us is up it seems to trickel down to the rest. The same seems to happen when one of us is struggling. I to have been struggling the last few days.

I don't not think there are any guildlines for how often or how much you should post. Post when you want or when you feel you need to.
I would have to agree with your therapist about the not being penned up in your house, you should try to rejoin the community at your own pace. It may take a couple tries before you find what works for you. We all feel this pain and loss, but we all are different. We all walk this path together but at different paces. Baby steps my friend. Hang in there. I have been told it gets better and I am starting to see it. Not alot and not all at once, but little things. Just enough to give me hope to get out of bed the next day and try again.

Take care my friend my thoughs are with you.

Jason

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 11:05:35 PM »

((((((Arthur)))))))

Your precious Maureen's Angel Date is just a little over 7 weeks away and these dates, or the anticipation of them can hit us very hard.

As Jason shared with you....baby steps.

We are all here for you.

Love,
Terry

sonya

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 02:51:30 AM »
((((((((((((Arthur)))))))))))))

I am back today to aiming to get out of the house at some point and drinking water and eating something. No where near two weeks ago, but having read the supportive comments given to me on my thread I recognise that this is enough. Its ok. ANd I am lucky to have the option to do this.

I understand what your therapist means but not focussing solely on the grief and I have days when I am on here constantly and days when I cannot come on here at all. Do what you feel you need to. Come as often as helps. Try and set a little task to do every day, no matter how small. It will feel really good when you achieve it.

Remember we are all here for you

Son x
Perhaps they are not the stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy

angie

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 04:28:40 PM »
((((((((((((((((((( ARTHUR ))))))))))))))))))))

Thinking of you.Hope u find peace today.xxx

HUGE HUGS
Love
Angie
XXXXX