Author Topic: Doctor  (Read 12051 times)

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: Doctor
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2012, 06:28:43 PM »
Thank you Terry! Your love and support means the world to me! I have no-one to talk to in my town - except for a new therapist every second of third week. My husband is tried of 'it' all and has his own baggage from his past and this stuff - the story of Lesley, myself, and ultimately two other siblings - is very heavy stuff. This is very difficult for me to share. As you already probably realize, this involves childhood abuse. If it is better that I do not write any more of this here I totally understand. If, on the other hand, it is ok that I do, then the tragedy of Lesley and what caused her death, and also of my own suffering, will be better understood. But I completely understand if this is not appropriate here.

Love from Helene.

I think it's 'very' appropriate, Helene.  And, I think our best discussions revolve around sensitive topics. We all have skeletons, whether we dare to open that door or not.

You're keeping it on one thread, "More about my guilt" and I like that because the story is being told and is easy reading, this way. Easy not meaning simple, of course. This is such a complex and pain filled string of events leading up to the pain/confusion and total chaos that you have suffered with for such a very long time. And, just know that I am always here for you. I am glad that you feel comfortable and safe enough to share this with us.

And, I think you know you are loved and cared for, too.

(((((((((Helene)))))))))

helene

• nospam
  • My Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2012, 07:12:58 AM »
Thank you Terry for all your support and love and your encouragement to write more. Everyone here is very supportive and no-one here has ever shown me any lack of love, encouragement and support and for that I thank you all!

More soon.

With love from,

Helene

Helene & Lesley

Doug1222

• nospam
  • Keep on keeping on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2012, 09:43:12 AM »
Keep sharing, Helene.

helene

• nospam
  • My Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2012, 02:39:33 PM »
Thanks Doug! You too!

I am reading. I am listening!

Helene.

Helene & Lesley

Doug1222

• nospam
  • Keep on keeping on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2012, 05:04:56 PM »
I am reading. I am listening!

Helene.

(((((((Helene)))))))))

As I feel the need to write more, I will. I appreciate you reading it.
Thanks,
Doug

deebee

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2012, 12:44:20 PM »
  Helene ---

Listening.....   love, deebee

helene

• nospam
  • My Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2012, 09:10:33 AM »
Thank you Deebee and everyone! I had a good session with an excellent therapist last week, a woman in her thirties named Renee who's obviously got a lot of experience working with people suffering from grief and trauma. And with people like me who have turned to substance abuse. I have also now participated in several group sessions and, although I find it rather overwhelming, the people there (nine of us, a mix of men and women, most with alcoholic problems, some with drugs and one with gambling) are very kind and supportive. Grief is a subject that comes up again and again in people's discussions. Everyone there has lost a loved one, some under very troubled circumstances. I feel less alone with this group as I have continue to feel less alone and very much loved here at Webhealing!

Love from Helene.

Helene & Lesley

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2012, 07:25:11 PM »

This is wonderful, Helene. Finding a therapist that fits and a group that even feels right. It's a start and I commend you for taking this step.

You're really working hard!

(((((((Helene)))))))

jasonkl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2012, 07:11:02 AM »
Helene

I an so happy that you found a therapist that you can trust. And a group that you feel welcome in. It is truly special when we find people who understand and are willing to help.

Jason

Doug1222

• nospam
  • Keep on keeping on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2012, 10:37:07 AM »
That's wonderful, Helene. Finding someone  you trust could help you a whole lot. I'm sending positive thoughts your way.

Doug

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2012, 10:45:55 AM »
Wonderful, Helene!
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

helene

• nospam
  • My Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2012, 11:57:33 AM »
Thank you Pam, Doug, Terry & Jason!

I do feel very blessed to have such an understanding therapist and be in such a supportive group. I see the therapist every second week and the group every Monday evening. There IS help out there and for me help started HERE at Webhealing! I am also reading some very helpful books about addictions and grief. I will, as time permits, write about these books in the Recommended Book forum here.

With love from Helene.

Helene & Lesley