Author Topic: 2 steps back  (Read 4093 times)

jasonkl

• nospam
    • View Profile
2 steps back
« on: February 17, 2012, 05:03:52 PM »
I was feeling pretty good the last few days. Found a counselor, who is helping me. Was able to watch tv again for the first time in almost 6 months, even with all the v-day commercials. Even my son bring home things for his girlfriend did not get to me. The day came was alittle off but it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be and was able to get through it. Today our son got his acceptance letter to Temple. Something he has been working to get for the last 3 years. That moment I forgot she was gone. When reality came back. It was like running into a brick wall. I was right back to the beginning again. My heart hurts, my eyes are flooded. I feel like I did 6 months ago. I really to hate this, all it took was a piece of paper to bring me to my knees.

Thanks for listening
Jason

MyLou

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: 2 steps back
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 05:22:15 PM »
((((((((((((((((((( JASON ))))))))))))))))))))))

I'm so sorry but it does happen on this journey.  Then you just try again tomorrow.  I've taken 10 steps back and get up the next day even had to crawl a lot. 

You must be proud of your son, CONGRATS to him.  What is your son's name btw?

Always,

Lisa
"Soulmates Forever"

I miss you every second of everyday My Love

I know I will see you again

Doug1222

• nospam
  • Keep on keeping on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 05:26:08 PM »
Today our son got his acceptance letter to Temple. Something he has been working to get for the last 3 years.

Congratulations to your son, Jason! That's wonderful.

On the steps back, don't be too hard on yourself. Tomorrow's another day.
Doug

DaveB

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 05:41:29 PM »
Hang in there Jason, all I can say is that those steps back get less frequent as time goes by,  and maybe instead of 2 steps it's only 1 step back. Don't know if that helps, but it's what others have told me again and again, and it's been true for me. Now if I could only figure out how to take some steps forward...

jasonkl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 09:31:15 PM »
Thank you all for the replys. I posted that from work. I got the news and was so overwhelmed I had to didapper into the bathroom for a while.
I did not expect to be hit that hard by news like that. I made it through tuesday with out totally lossing my mind, I just keep getting supprized by how little things sent me right back to the begining. I was able to pull myself back together and finish my work for the day.

Lisa my son is a junior his name is jason too.

Thank you doug I am trying very hard not to beat myself up for falling down. I have a feeling there are alot of these days still to come.

Dave I think you are right only one step back. I feel very day that I can make it out of bed is a step forward, even if it is only a baby step. Thank you for puting faces to the names.

Jason
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 10:27:20 PM by jasonkl »

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 11:46:29 PM »

It doesn't take much, sometimes to bring us right back to day 1 with that intense pain that knocks us down so hard, that we feel we'll never get up.

So happy for you and your son. I know he's thrilled!!! Please congratulate him for me!

((((((Jason))))))

angie

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 08:14:04 AM »
 Sending congratulations to your son xxxx

(((((((((((((((((JASON))))))))))))))))

Sending HUGE hugs to you xxxx

Love
Angie

Spring2012

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2012, 09:43:56 AM »
Sorry you are struggling Jason -- take care -- always a new day !!!Congrats to your son !!!
Good-night ! good-night !
As we so oft have said
Beneath this roof at midnight, in the days that are no more, and shall no more return.
Thou hast but taken up thy lamp and gone to bed;
I stay a little longer, as one stays
To cover up the embers that still burn.

jasonkl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2012, 05:47:28 PM »
thank you all for congradutaling my son. His mom would be very proud. I am very proud of him evne after very thing that has happened he has managed to keep his grades up and keep working for what he wanted.

(((((((((((((((Terry)))))))))))))))
I keep hoping and praying that someday soon happy things like this won't reduce me to tears of sorrow. I so what to try to be able to keep it together at his graduation.

(((((((((((((Angie))))))))))))))
thank you. how is your blanket coming?

(((((((((((((Spring)))))))))
this seems to be my pattern now 3 or 4 days of good and then 2  of bad. Been like this for a month or 2 now. Can't seem to break the cycle. But I will take it, it is so much better than the 4 of bad and the 1 of good.

Jason

roseygirl61

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2012, 06:02:26 PM »
Jason,

Congrats to your son!  You must be so proud and him as well!

Remember one day at a time my friend, one at a time.  I'm glad to hear there are more good than bad though.

Rose

angie

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2012, 01:45:35 AM »
(((((((((((((((( JASON )))))))))))))))

Im glad the good days outnumber the bad ones.Long may the good ones last.Hope your feeling proud of YOU as well as your son.
Thanks for asking about my blanket i have almost finished the front side of it.Havent touched it in a week been in a huge huff with Davie but feel my mood lifting so hopefully today will be better
Hoping this is a good day for you too
HUGE HUGS
Love
Angie
XXXXX

sonya

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2012, 12:21:38 PM »
((((((Jason)))))))))))))))

Congrats to your son, you must be very proud of him.

Sounds like things are difficult but slowly improving. Great to hear that you are getting moments of respite in all of this. Keep practicising living my friend, I am in the hope that it will get easier.

Son x
Perhaps they are not the stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy