Author Topic: A poem that Lesley loved  (Read 1857 times)

helene

• nospam
  • My Dad
    • View Profile
A poem that Lesley loved
« on: January 12, 2012, 02:50:25 PM »
I shared some of my poems with Lesley although I was always shy because her poems always blew me away. But she loved some of mine too. I read this to hear less than a month before she died and she wanted a copy of it so I gave it to her. Later, I found it amongst her papers, along with some of my other poems. (Please excuse any typos.)

I Sing My Life's Song

I sing my Life's song in a great vastness - bereft of solitude.
My voice is silent yet other dimensions can hear it - such a strange, sweet mood!
I sing my Life's song even while I cry - tears long since gone my mind's endless ache, yes, things went wrong!
I sing my Life's song under constant oppression, demands being what they are.
My eyes sting from seeing what is obscene - society does mar!
I sing my Life's song within a mystical realm, softly rings  the bell, my lips speak a language beyond words,
Willingly: they spell! I sing my Life's song while being loved as only someone special can love,
My heart with his mingles now and long ago - an eternal life-span.
I sing my song inside a box within a box - such is a job, there is the mob.
I sing my Life's song in the midst of an eruption - volcanic ash and fire spewing with desire!
I sing my Life's song as they quickly look away - too much emotion there.
I sing my Life's song in spite of them all yet for them too,
I sing amongst my life of wrack and ruin because there's still so much to sing,
So weep not when my song no longer resounds, it's echo still should.
Keep singing the etnernal Song lof Life and Lofe and many still would if they still could.
Each song is unique, a certain language to speak - a spark of someones LIFE!
Gives us hope over all our strife!

Love, Helene.

Helene & Lesley

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: A poem that Lesley loved
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 07:27:11 PM »

"So weep not when my song no longer resounds, it's echo still should."

Wise words and so true.

Thanks for sharing, Helene.

Love,
Terry

helene

• nospam
  • My Dad
    • View Profile
Re: A poem that Lesley loved
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 07:29:50 AM »
Thank you Terry. I will have to try and type with more care so I don't keep making so many typos!
I have a few other of my poems that Lesley liked and if it's ok, I could share some of them here. This is another way of me remembering Lesley because we shared our poems with each other over our lives. She was nine years older than I so she was a real mentor to me in many ways, including painting and writing. She was a fantastic artist and poet, much more accomplished than I could ever dream of being, but she alway inspires me to keep trying with my own writing and art and music - even after her death - now especially more than ever.  This helps me to keep her in my life while others no longer even mention her name, acting like Lesley never existed at all.

With love,

Helene

Helene & Lesley