Author Topic: no family  (Read 3000 times)

Buendia

• View Profile
no family
« on: January 06, 2012, 04:35:30 PM »
Hi,

My father died when I was six and my mother died when I was just shy of 22.  I have no siblings and very little extended family.  I was also adopted.  (It was my adoptive parents who died.)  I deal with cyclical depression and sometimes it is debilitating. 

I am grateful that there is a place where I can share my thoughts and feelings with others who may understand.  I have been touched by the other posts.  Thank you for sharing!

When I was an infant I almost died, and so I also ask why I survived only to live without a family. 

Buendia 

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: no family
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 01:02:28 PM »

((((((Buendia))))))

I'm so sorry for your pain. For the absence of loving parents to guide you through this journey of life. I have a couple of friends who were adopted and one very dear friend who, after many years searched for her biological Mother, although her adoptive parents were alive and they were very good people, gave her a wonderful upbringing. She found her biological Mother and to this day, has a relationship with her. It wasn't easy at first, but after a couple of years they are now inseparable. Just a thought you might want to entertain.

Welcome to webhealing. I'm glad you feel comfortable sharing here. There are a lot of understanding people here and are always willing to listen and share their thoughts with you and also, their hearts.

Please tell us more about your Mom and Dad when you are able. It's in the telling of our story and over and over that lightens our heavy burden and the pain when shared, lifts long enough to allow us to see some light.

You have my love & support,
Terry

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 01:37:49 PM »
((((Buendia))))

Welcome.  I am so very sorry for the losses you have endured.

You have come to the right place, and there is always someone to listen. 
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

beaman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 10:45:22 PM »
hi, Buendia
I don't have any family either, and i'm 24. we absolutely feel differently than others. it's ok everyone has a different path in life. just remember the love you had in so many years. that's a reason we take care of ourselves. and we will have family again.

thanks for your sharing. i'm lucky to find you. by talking to you i'm talking to myself.

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 02:34:52 AM »

(((((((Buendia)))))))

How have you been doing?