Author Topic: How Much Can a Man Take?  (Read 4973 times)

Donnys Dad

• nospam
  • Donny At Football Hall of Fame, Another Great Trip
    • View Profile
    • Donny's Memorial Website
How Much Can a Man Take?
« on: December 14, 2011, 09:43:44 AM »
It has been awhile since I've been on the board, I am back now as I need the support of all the fine members.

I lost my only Son on June 13, 2004.  I will never get over that as we were so very close.  He took his own life with a hand gun I gave him at his request.  He was 30.  I found him and he had shot himself in the head.

Now on December 2, I lost my strength, my partner of 45 years.  My sweet wife Bonnie died of severe COPD.  We brought her home rather than have her die in a cold hospital.  My daughters and I were with here 24 hours a day and then watched her slowly die.

I am so lonely now.  A 5 bedroom house with nothing but wonderful memories that hurt so very much.

Sorry for being so dismal, but I can't help it.

Don :LA:
I Miss You So Much Buddy, My Best Friend, My Tiger

Don, Donny's Proud Dad

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: How Much Can a Man Take?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 09:56:04 AM »
Dearest Don ~

I am so very sorry for the loss of Bonnie.  I do not pretend to have the words to make your pain go away or even ease.  Please know that we are ALL here for you.  As, you know, there are many here who know what you're feeling, you will see as they come forward to welcome you to this part of Webhealing. 

((((((Don)))))))
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

jasonkl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 12:26:53 PM »
Don
I am sorry for your losses, so sorry that have to go down this path again. I lost my wife suddenlly on august 18.
She is/was my life. We were marryed for 12 years. Share more about your wife when you feel up to it. As Pam said we are here for you.

Jason

sonya

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 02:02:13 AM »
((((((((((Don)))))))))))

I am so very sorry for the loss of your wife Bonnie and of your son Donny. I cannot begin to imagine what you are going through but am glad that you have found us. I recently lost my husband to suicide so have some empathy for your feelings at this time.

Just breathe and share whenever you need. Would be nice to hear more about you and your loved ones when you are ready.

Sonya
Perhaps they are not the stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy

MyLou

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 02:59:39 AM »
((((((((((((((((( Don ))))))))))))))))))))

I'm so sorry for the loss of your wife Bonnie, and your son.

This New Journey/Life we are on isn't easy, so don't be hard on yourself.  Please know we are all here for you we are in this together. Also, everyone on this board is wonderful. 

I loss my Lou soulmate Nov 22nd 2010.  It has been one long journey. 

Please take one minute, hour , day at a time.

(((((((((((((((( DON )))))))))))))))))

Lisa
"Soulmates Forever"

I miss you every second of everyday My Love

I know I will see you again

johnkmurray

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2011, 08:57:36 AM »
Don,

Please accept my sympathies on your loss. I lost my wife Kit to cancer in April 2010. I've one less bedroom than you, but the overall effect is me rattling around this big empty house like a pea in a bucket. How can a house be so full of memories yet be so empty? To suffer this loss now, after the earlier loss of your son, well I cannot imagine. Don't worry about sounding dismal around here - think of this as a safe haven to express those feelings that few others can understand. Please make yourself at home here and feel free to post more when you feel up to it.

Warmest regards,
John

Donnys Dad

• nospam
  • Donny At Football Hall of Fame, Another Great Trip
    • View Profile
    • Donny's Memorial Website
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2011, 01:48:24 PM »
I want to thank you all so much for writing and caring.  I would love to tell you about my Son and my Bonnie.  However I am just not up to it yet.  I will be back......................

Don
I Miss You So Much Buddy, My Best Friend, My Tiger

Don, Donny's Proud Dad

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2011, 04:35:20 PM »
((((Don))))

Thanks for posting.

Thinking of you and holding you close to my heart. 
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

Luvinmike

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2011, 06:09:31 PM »
Dear DonnysDad,

I am so truly sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved wife Bonnie. I am sorry for th loss and emptiness in your home at this time. When you are low at least know there are many of us here praying and caring for you and sending you strength every day as best we can.

Very sorry DonnysDad,

Terri